First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150, 2021 Cayenne GTS, 2020 Audi R8
Hey guys,

I thought I’d share my experience with leveling a 2022 F150 with CCD

Last week I picked up my new 2022 Platinum. The truck has EVERY option I could add (including CCD and Blue Cruise).

This is my 9th F150 and I’ve always had lariats but decided to go with a Platinum now that they allow for a chrome delete option.

I’ve always leveled my trucks and I use Canada Custom Autoworks to do the work. I brought the truck in and we were set to do the level and flares but was told I couldn’t level a truck with CCD. With a little research we found that Readylift has the level that they say works with the new truck. So we ordered it, installed it and put the flares on.

I picked the truck up and had to drive it to my local Ford dealer to have my old wheels installed (traded it in and had to give them the rubber off the new truck). I was happy as all the adaptive cruise, blue cruise and cameras worked.

I had Ford put the wheels on and do an alignment. A few hours passes with me sitting at the dealer and watching the truck go in an out. I finally asked them what was going on and they told me they were having trouble aligning the cameras and adaptive cruise …. I asked why they did that as they were working with the level and the techs answer was basically with the level they need a new baseline. Anyways I went with it and let the continue to try.

Another two hours goes by and they still can’t get it working. I had to leave and I’m bringing it by Monday for the shop Forman to try. He said they have made this work before and is hopeful but for now I have a truck that I can’t use cruise on or the automatic safety braking.

I knew the risks so this isn’t a sob story it’s to let everyone know what I went through and I likely wouldn’t let them re align the cameras after the level but who knows.

I think the truck looks awesome tho!

Cheers

Ford F-150 Level Kit on a 2022 with CCD B2AC4387-E671-48AC-9A2B-044569201120

Ford F-150 Level Kit on a 2022 with CCD 6E9CD829-9DF0-483D-A761-5DA3AA791915

Ford F-150 Level Kit on a 2022 with CCD 861377A4-9CC9-4B6A-BAD4-4B91960437DE
Sponsored

ZLF150

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and Expedition
Occupation
Sales
Great looking truck! Sounds like a frustrating experience, would be interested to hear how it turns out. I also have CCD but had a different experience. I took it in the day after I bought it to a local tire shop that does a bunch of levels. They installed a rough country 2” level and did the alignment. No issues to report though as adaptive cruise and lane centering work just fine. I do not have Blue Cruise though so maybe that’s a contributing factor.

It does ride a bit rougher now though that’s due to the 295/60r20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires I put on it are pretty stiff and they’ve had a hard time getting them balanced just right. They think they may be a bit too far out of round as I get a bit of a vibration starting around 70 mph so might have to get a tire or two replaced.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
They need to adjust the height of the truck prior to doing the alignment. THe IPMA alignment can be done at home with forscan. I suggest you try it. Measure the height front and rear and write it down and then proceed with the alignment it will ask you for that info when you start the process..

THe alignment is very easy to do. You need to be on a road with lane markings on each side. I typically start the process in the gas station have it all hooked up. Then once it says alignment has began i pull onto the road into the middle lane to make sure the markers are visible to the camera.. Drive straight over 40 KM until the alignment says complete. Once complete pull over and finish the process. I hook my computer to the wifi of the truck. Youll see the Lane assist come back and everything start working again youll know it was successful.

The 360 camera alignment can only be done in FDRS but if you arent have Rear brake assist not available messages when in reverse you dont need to do that.

The main issue with not getting the IPMA alignment to work is they do not pay attention to the process and its wording and instructions. The process begins KOEO. Then proceeds to KOEO. It has to be followed or it will fail every time.

OP
OP

Adamdirksen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They need to adjust the height of the truck prior to doing the alignment. THe IPMA alignment can be done at home with forscan. I suggest you try it. Measure the height front and rear and write it down and then proceed with the alignment it will ask you for that info when you start the process..

THe alignment is very easy to do. You need to be on a road with lane markings on each side. I typically start the process in the gas station have it all hooked up. Then once it says alignment has began i pull onto the road into the middle lane to make sure the markers are visible to the camera.. Drive straight over 40 KM until the alignment says complete. Once complete pull over and finish the process. I hook my computer to the wifi of the truck. Youll see the Lane assist come back and everything start working again youll know it was successful.

The 360 camera alignment can only be done in FDRS but if you arent have Rear brake assist not available messages when in reverse you dont need to do that.

The main issue with not getting the IPMA alignment to work is they do not pay attention to the process and its wording and instructions. The process begins KOEO. Then proceeds to KOEO. It has to be followed or it will fail every time.
Thanks very much for this info.

OP
OP

Adamdirksen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great looking truck! Sounds like a frustrating experience, would be interested to hear how it turns out. I also have CCD but had a different experience. I took it in the day after I bought it to a local tire shop that does a bunch of levels. They installed a rough country 2” level and did the alignment. No issues to report though as adaptive cruise and lane centering work just fine. I do not have Blue Cruise though so maybe that’s a contributing factor.

It does ride a bit rougher now though that’s due to the 295/60r20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires I put on it are pretty stiff and they’ve had a hard time getting them balanced just right. They think they may be a bit too far out of round as I get a bit of a vibration starting around 70 mph so might have to get a tire or two replaced.
Interesting. I’m riding on 33’s. Nitro Ridge Grapplers.

Sponsored

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Sounds like I have your trucks twin on the way (supposed to show in the next week). How are you liking the CCD in general? Does it handle potholes and rough roads nicely?

OP
OP

Adamdirksen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds like I have your trucks twin on the way (supposed to show in the next week). How are you liking the CCD in general? Does it handle potholes and rough roads nicely?
I drove the truck for about a week before I installed the level and it was noticable over bumps in comparison to my 2021 Lariat. I actually found it to be the most comfortable truck Ive ever owned. However as soon as I installed the level it has all but disappeared. The truck now drives like a normal Lariat

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I drove the truck for about a week before I installed the level and it was noticable over bumps in comparison to my 2021 Lariat. I actually found it to be the most comfortable truck Ive ever owned. However as soon as I installed the level it has all but disappeared. The truck now drives like a normal Lariat
That sounds pretty awesome. Surprising your ride quality changed that much? Do you feel it was the tires or?

OP
OP

Adamdirksen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could be the tires honestly. They are Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Awesome looking tires, minimal noise.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver

Have a 23 Platinum BAP 150 with CCD, Blue Cruise, all the goodies I could get. Like you, I'm shocked just how smooth of a ride this truck has. It feels like a luxury ride. Gets a bit squirly on bridge transitions, meaning bouncy. Can get weird if the transition is on a turn. Blue Cruise will even disengage as it doesn't like the squirly feeling. Anyway, is it not possible just to add the puck up front and keep the shock in the back as is? I would think that should have zero impact on suspension or current ride? The plan was to level, upgrade wheels and tires. Ridge grapplers but now you have me scratching my head. Hmmm

bayslick23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Salesman
Hey guys,

I thought I’d share my experience with leveling a 2022 F150 with CCD

Last week I picked up my new 2022 Platinum. The truck has EVERY option I could add (including CCD and Blue Cruise).

This is my 9th F150 and I’ve always had lariats but decided to go with a Platinum now that they allow for a chrome delete option.

I’ve always leveled my trucks and I use Canada Custom Autoworks to do the work. I brought the truck in and we were set to do the level and flares but was told I couldn’t level a truck with CCD. With a little research we found that Readylift has the level that they say works with the new truck. So we ordered it, installed it and put the flares on.

I picked the truck up and had to drive it to my local Ford dealer to have my old wheels installed (traded it in and had to give them the rubber off the new truck). I was happy as all the adaptive cruise, blue cruise and cameras worked.

I had Ford put the wheels on and do an alignment. A few hours passes with me sitting at the dealer and watching the truck go in an out. I finally asked them what was going on and they told me they were having trouble aligning the cameras and adaptive cruise …. I asked why they did that as they were working with the level and the techs answer was basically with the level they need a new baseline. Anyways I went with it and let the continue to try.

Another two hours goes by and they still can’t get it working. I had to leave and I’m bringing it by Monday for the shop Forman to try. He said they have made this work before and is hopeful but for now I have a truck that I can’t use cruise on or the automatic safety braking.

I knew the risks so this isn’t a sob story it’s to let everyone know what I went through and I likely wouldn’t let them re align the cameras after the level but who knows.

I think the truck looks awesome tho!

Cheers

B2AC4387-E671-48AC-9A2B-044569201120.jpeg

6E9CD829-9DF0-483D-A761-5DA3AA791915.jpeg

861377A4-9CC9-4B6A-BAD4-4B91960437DE.jpeg
Do you know if they had to compress the shock on a spring compressor to rotate the cap 180 degrees in order for it to fit with the CCD? Im currently in a situation where my 2024 F150 King ranch got dropped off recently from order and the shock with the leveling kit puck on the top will not rotate manually, so after some reading i saw the spring compressor was the route to go in order to make it work. Just didnt know if thats what the guys who you had install yours had to do?
Much Thanks in advance, beautiful truck by the way
Sponsored