Leaking water inside the cab?

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Hi everyone, I have a 2021 Limited PB with roughly 12k miles. I was wiring up my radar to the fuse panel and took out the rubber passenger floor mat to notice that the front passenger foot area carpet was moist/wet. We had rain on and off constantly for 2/3 days prior to this. Is this normal? I couldn't really trace it to where it was coming from. The truck was parked on a pretty steep driveway pointed up.
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Do you have the panoramic sun roof? If so It's pretty common for a drain tube to be clogged, and there's even been a truck or two that the tubes were disconnected or never correctly installed from the factory.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Do you have the panoramic sun roof? If so It's pretty common for a drain tube to be clogged, and there's even been a truck or two that the tubes were disconnected or never correctly installed from the factory.
All Limited's have panoramic roofs. Otherwise you're likely on the right track.
B.T.W.....
They have Windshield issues couple years ago and am wondering if that could be a leak issue. I'd check with the dealer on that as well. Some folks might have missed that recall.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
All Limited's have panoramic roofs. Otherwise you're likely on the right track.
B.T.W.....
They have Windshield issues couple years ago and am wondering if that could be a leak issue. I'd check with the dealer on that as well. Some folks might have missed that recall.
Excuse me..didn't realize you did say it was a limited!

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I have had the AC drain back into the cab. I have an inclined driveway and if the nose is high, It can cause the ac drain to run into the cab. It drips on the passenger floor. There is a tube that comes out of the firewall. The tube is too short and can cause the water drain to run back down into the firewall. May be worth liiking at.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kishorejoseph

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Thank you guys for the replies! Been caught up with a bit these past few weeks but planning on taking a look into this right away.
Sponsored