Brian-

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hello!

Have to tow a trailer mid june and it doesn't look like the TBC kits from Ford are going to be available any time soon.

I've been giving thought to trying to find a used Module to enable a TBC and picking up a switch as well. The gain control switch is easy to find, but I'm finding IPC Module's with various part numbers and attempting to figure out if any of them would work with my truck.

I've got an XLT with 302A, so I have a Class IV hitch and 7 pin.
My VIN is 1FTEW1EP4MFC38520 if it helps.

I'm seeing a lot of Module part #'s that start with MU5T-19J295 and have two letters following (HG, HF, etc)
Does anyone know if these would allow me to enable a TBC and if not, which IPC part # I would need?

I took a look at the one installed in my truck and it's MU5T-19J295-HH

edit - I put IPC in my post title but that was my smooth brain thinking about editing the IPC in forscan. It's the TRM module I believe, under the dash above the left foot, that I'm referring to.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Cant you go old school brake controller that plugs in under the dash like a Tekonsha P3. I know pervious gens had that option not sure about the newer trucks.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
DOnt need a New Cluster. Just need the Module and controller.

There are a few changes to be made in forscan

OP
OP

Brian-

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
DOnt need a New Cluster. Just need the Module and controller.

There are a few changes to be made in forscan
Yeah, I had forscan on the brain when I posted and typed IPC instead of TPM. it’s the TPM module part # I’m trying to track down!

I’ve heard from someone that a new module may not be needed after a recent forscan update. Not sure if true but I’ll give it a go when the switch arrives anyways 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored