Sponsored

I think I want a F150, but have several questions!

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oops! I answered over there. But I guess it depends on what your builds base running boards are: chrome or black. I think your lariat sport are black, which are 40# and the power ones (previous gen) were 57, for a delta of 17.

You guessed the same number as me for powertail step at 60.

Lastly, the tow mirrors say 21# and powerfold regular are 6# (is that was 502A comes with?) So a delta of 15.

I also have been guessing 17# for the FX4 mats since my weathertechs are 17. I haven't felt the FX4's in person so no idea whether to bump it up or down.
Thanks for all that. So it sounds like even with tow mirrors, power tailgate and power running boards it's going to be above 1500....now I need to decide if I want those things. I really only care about the step in the tail, not the power (but have to get both) and the platinum I drove the other day the power boards were loud!
Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thanks for all that. So it sounds like even with tow mirrors, power tailgate and power running boards it's going to be above 1500....now I need to decide if I want those things. I really only care about the step in the tail, not the power (but have to get both) and the platinum I drove the other day the power boards were loud!
So I'm going to skip the power deploy running boards (too noisy/gimmicky) and the power tailgate, again just seems gimmicky, plus the weight hit for these items. So I'm reaching out to dealers to get the best price, but I want to make sure I have all the towing technology?

trailer tow package + active prep 2.0+ 360 cameras+ 502a Lariat, do I have all the technology available? Specifically for towing it will still allow me to add the tow technology package, but I don't see what I'd be gaining? Anything that I'm missing with this configuration?

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
So I'm going to skip the power deploy running boards (too noisy/gimmicky) and the power tailgate, again just seems gimmicky, plus the weight hit for these items. So I'm reaching out to dealers to get the best price, but I want to make sure I have all the towing technology?

trailer tow package + active prep 2.0+ 360 cameras+ 502a Lariat, do I have all the technology available? Specifically for towing it will still allow me to add the tow technology package, but I don't see what I'd be gaining? Anything that I'm missing with this configuration?
Sounds like all the calcs have been noted. For reference I have a 2021 Lariat FX4 502A. Payload is 1593Lbs. Has 3.5L EB, Max Tow Pkg, Moonroof, 2KW Pro Power, 36Gal tank. I did get the power tailgate and the 18 spkr B&O unleashed is pretty sweet. Good luck!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

You forgot tow mirrors!! The greatest piece of towing technology you can add ;) You can also add that "customer mounted TPMS and Camera" add on I think. I didn't add that one though.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
You forgot tow mirrors!! The greatest piece of towing technology you can add ;) You can also add that "customer mounted TPMS and Camera" add on I think. I didn't add that one though.
Yes I added tow mirrors for sure! Is it smart to order the tpms and camera at the time of purchase?

I imagine the tpms will show on the main screens? Will the camera? Is the camera hard wired or wireless?

Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sounds like all the calcs have been noted. For reference I have a 2021 Lariat FX4 502A. Payload is 1593Lbs. Has 3.5L EB, Max Tow Pkg, Moonroof, 2KW Pro Power, 36Gal tank. I did get the power tailgate and the 18 spkr B&O unleashed is pretty sweet. Good luck!
How much weight does the unleashed add?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Yes I added tow mirrors for sure! Is it smart to order the tpms and camera at the time of purchase?

I imagine the tpms will show on the main screens? Will the camera? Is the camera hard wired or wireless?
I think the TPMS would be visible through the trailer menu but no one has made a video of it... I would love it just to not mount another little display but I already have a TMPS with a little display that works so I didn't order it.

The camera is intended to put at the back of your trailer, and you can select it in the 360 camera views as "AUX". But folks have noted that you CANNOT see it while above 10 or 15mph (or any camera for that matter). It is wired, so you run a wire to the back of your RV.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think the TPMS would be visible through the trailer menu but no one has made a video of it... I would love it just to not mount another little display but I already have a TMPS with a little display that works so I didn't order it.

The camera is intended to put at the back of your trailer, and you can select it in the 360 camera views as "AUX". But folks have noted that you CANNOT see it while above 10 or 15mph (or any camera for that matter). It is wired, so you run a wire to the back of your RV.
That's pretty dumb, the main use of my back up camera now is seeing before changing lanes because of the wide angle. Can forscan or other software defeat these sorts of issues? It would also be nice to put the shifter down while driving...

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That's pretty dumb, the main use of my back up camera now is seeing before changing lanes because of the wide angle. Can forscan or other software defeat these sorts of issues? It would also be nice to put the shifter down while driving...
The camera package is a waterfall from the Superduty line where they call it the "ultimate trailer camera package" or something like that. So if you search the superduty forums you can see all the people saying how they want to see their camera while driving. I don't remember doing enough reading (just skimming) to see if forscan can defeat that limitation.

When you say "your backup camera now" do you mean on a different OEM's truck, or a 3rd party add-on trailer camera (like a Furrion) with a separate little display you have to mount in your cab?

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The camera package is a waterfall from the Superduty line where they call it the "ultimate trailer camera package" or something like that. So if you search the superduty forums you can see all the people saying how they want to see their camera while driving. I don't remember doing enough reading (just skimming) to see if forscan can defeat that limitation.

When you say "your backup camera now" do you mean on a different OEM's truck, or a 3rd party add-on trailer camera (like a Furrion) with a separate little display you have to mount in your cab?
I'll do some digging around. Yeah I have a furrion now.

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
How much weight does the unleashed add?
I don't know but wouldn't think it was factor for towing. I just put that in there because it is cool as hell :)
Sponsored