Sponsored

How long did your shipment take? - Dearborn (MI) to Dallas (TX) est. shipment time via railcar?

ChiefffEeefff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Does anyone have experience with roughly how long it takes for a truck shipment to reach Dallas from the Dearborn factory once shipped?

My truck is built and the tracker says it has shipped and is "In Transit", the sticker says from Ramp RA34. My dealership is of no help at all, they get annoyed if I ask for a vehicle history report to track a railcar. They've been useless since I started working with them, but it's not like I have many choices unless I want to wait another year. They originally told me that when it ships it could arrive within 2 weeks, now when I called today to let them know I saw it shipped, the same guy told me it's likely 4 - 6 weeks. That seems steep for something already in transit, is that correct?

I could only find a few threads on this with sparse information, but from what I gathered from Dallas and nearby states it's usually ~10 - 16 days. Does anyone have any experience that could lmk what to realistically expect?
Sponsored

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Wonder if yours is also going through Oregon ?. Mine shipped out of KC on March 9th, and is supposed to either go to Mesquite or Pearland. Instead it diverted through Oregon, and has been there almost 2 weeks. Dealer is trying to figure out why.

Do you have a rail car number that can be tracked? Ask your dealer for a full history VVR, and see if there is a rail car number they can provide you.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Can't help you with Dallas, but from Dearborn to Houston took mine about 21 days.

mrgoalie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My truck was changed to "in shipment" last Saturday 3/19 and is enroute to Houston from Dearborn. I got on the Ford Chat this morning and she told me it is in Riverdale Illinois. Figured I would just go through them every couple of days to see where it is at. Impatiently waiting.
Sponsored