Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel temperatures?

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I know you can change the steering wheel temperature in FORScan, which I have done. How hot should it actually be getting up to? It feels like it only heats up in certain areas and after letting sit and run for 10+ minutes the highest was 95F. The ambient temperature was 66 according to the truck. Does it not get as hot if it’s not very cold? Would make sense but also make checking the feature very hard.

From others’ posts some say the wheel gets very hot. Others say it’s like a warm. The modules are also set to not turn off so it’s not that. I did swap the HVAC controls for the digital temperature knobs and it wasn’t until after that in which I noticed it. Could have been happening before, or not. From my understanding the HVAC is simply just telling the SCCM to activate heat, as the SCCM is what sets the temperature.

Could the wheel itself be the issue? I’m going to swap the OG controls and see if it’s the same.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel temperatures? IMG_7783
Sponsored

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
I know you can change the steering wheel temperature in FORScan, which I have done. How hot should it actually be getting up to? It feels like it only heats up in certain areas and after letting sit and run for 10+ minutes the highest was 95F. The ambient temperature was 66 according to the truck. Does it not get as hot if it’s not very cold? Would make sense but also make checking the feature very hard.

From others’ posts some say the wheel gets very hot. Others say it’s like a warm. The modules are also set to not turn off so it’s not that. I did swap the HVAC controls for the digital temperature knobs and it wasn’t until after that in which I noticed it. Could have been happening before, or not. From my understanding the HVAC is simply just telling the SCCM to activate heat, as the SCCM is what sets the temperature.

Could the wheel itself be the issue? I’m going to swap the OG controls and see if it’s the same.

IMG_7783.jpeg
My factory installed one does get warm/hot also. I may have to get my temp gun out next time I use it..

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My factory installed one does get warm/hot also. I may have to get my temp gun out next time I use it..
12o clock was like 88 and somewhere near the 10/2 positions were the warmer bits. I know other brands like Jeep those get toasty and I have to turn it off even in the not so cold temperatures.
Sponsored