• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a call from my F150L dealer about incoming abandoned MME - highest offer / bidder gets it ?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I certainly have not surveyed the 3000 or so Ford dealers to verify that most dealers are converting abandoned orders to dealer stock and selling above MSRP, which is why I prefaced with "it seems".

Nevertheless, I want my assessment to be wrong and for every abandoned order to be sold at or below MSRP.....
along with peace in Ukraine and other good stuff. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
He talked to a couple. A couple is not "most". I don't believe that most dealers are selling dealer orders or abandoned orders above MSRP.
I buy vehicles as part of my job and worked in the dealership service departments as a consultant for 14 years. Most dealerships are adding ADM to anything on the lot because they can’t get inventory. I ordered 26 Chevy trucks in September 2021, so far I’ve taken delivery of 12, 7 are scheduled for production by June, and 7 haven’t been picked up yet 7 months later. My Chevy dealership usually sells 300+ new and 300+ used cars per month, they have 20 new cars and 80 expensive used cars on the lot. My “good” Ford dealership adds $3-5K per car on anything in dealer stock and $15K on abandoned Bronco orders, but honors all orders at MSRP. They are getting 1-2 abandoned Broncos monthly, and they all sell for $15K over. We can sit here and judge them for adding ADM, but at the end of the day they will charge what the market will bear.

I’m mid transaction on selling my house in a hot market. Am I a terrible person for selling it for over asking price in this market? I think not, if someone is willing to pay 7% over asking I’d be dumb not to take it.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I buy vehicles as part of my job and worked in the dealership service departments as a consultant for 14 years. Most dealerships are adding ADM to anything on the lot because they can’t get inventory. I ordered 26 Chevy trucks in September 2021, so far I’ve taken delivery of 12, 7 are scheduled for production by June, and 7 haven’t been picked up yet 7 months later. My Chevy dealership usually sells 300+ new and 300+ used cars per month, they have 20 new cars and 80 expensive used cars on the lot. My “good” Ford dealership adds $3-5K per car on anything in dealer stock and $15K on abandoned Bronco orders, but honors all orders at MSRP. They are getting 1-2 abandoned Broncos monthly, and they all sell for $15K over. We can sit here and judge them for adding ADM, but at the end of the day they will charge what the market will bear.

I’m mid transaction on selling my house in a hot market. Am I a terrible person for selling it for over asking price in this market? I think not, if someone is willing to pay 7% over asking I’d be dumb not to take it.
You are correct, if the market bears the ADM then it's a free country just like a real estate transaction. I just hope the dealers that stuck it to customers will have customers returning in the future.

As for the hot real estate market, we just bought our first home and it took a year to find one because every other buyer was a cash or investment buyer that eeked us out every time. At the start, the homes went for 10-15% over asking which is insane for a half million dollar home. At the end of our search, rates started to rise and demand smoothed a bit and we paid 5% over the $600K asking price.

I posted originally because I felt stiffed by the ADM on an incoming ordered MME.

Fast forward to now since I just got my F150L final wave invite, I will focus on that vehicle and let time take her course on the MME.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...today-tuesday-ordered-lariat-sr-regret.10009/
Sponsored