• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Just Cancelled My Reservation

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E; Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Chief Financial Officer
…..and without even asking. I received two days after the Wave 1 emails saying that my preferred dealer had been sold, and they were refunding my $100. However, they said it was nothing to worry about and my spot was still reserved. Now, when I log into Ford’s website, I am seeing no reservation listed.

I have emailed them, but I have heard nothing so far. I was fairly early in the original reservation process so I thought I might hit within the first three waves. I guess I am out of luck. I’m moving on to just a regular EV instead of a truck. I think I was probably priced out anyway as the amenities I wanted were mostly at the Lariat level, and I had hoped to stay with XLT. Looking into Hyundai’s Ionic 5, and I have reserved the Vinfast VF8.

Good luck to everyone.
Sponsored

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan
…..and without even asking. I received two days after the Wave 1 emails saying that my preferred dealer had been sold, and they were refunding my $100. However, they said it was nothing to worry about and my spot was still reserved. Now, when I log into Ford’s website, I am seeing no reservation listed.

I have emailed them, but I have heard nothing so far. I was fairly early in the original reservation process so I thought I might hit within the first three waves. I guess I am out of luck. I’m moving on to just a regular EV instead of a truck. I think I was probably priced out anyway as the amenities I wanted were mostly at the Lariat level, and I had hoped to stay with XLT. Looking into Hyundai’s Ionic 5, and I have reserved the Vinfast VF8.

Good luck to everyone.
Not cool. Sounds like an accident that can be fixed and you have the e-mails to back it up. Maybe calling customer service early next week (asap before 1/20) is your next step. If you still want your Lighthning I hope it works out.

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Same thing happened to me. But Ford still had my reservation in their system. But it was no longer accessible to me. Im wave 1. And was able to order. BUT i had to change dealers after i received my email. I was not able to order from my sold dealer. Hours on the phone with Ford and at my dealer.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy

Good luck to everyone.
Cody - you worry too much - Relax

I am in the same boat. Ford did same to me last month when my dealer was sold.

They do not answer email.

Call the number on your reservation and they will tell you your reserve page is gone and it will never come back and by - the-way you will not be able to order online - only from dealer in person.

My dealer and Ford guarantees that I am still reserved and am on wave list. I did give my dealer another deposit after my original $100 came back to my card the same day - just in case.

This is just a case of unforeseen circumstances that Ford did not foresee and wrote no software to cover.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Good luck to everyone.
This could be a website anomaly. I heard of this happening to a Mach-E customer when his dealer was sold. Reservation disappeared from his Ford.com account, but the new dealer still showed it as active. He did have some bad problems with the new dealer not honoring his original pricing, iirc.

Who did you email, the new dealer or Ford?

Sponsored

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
To anyone in this position where dealer was sold. From my experience DO NOT TRUST what ford and dealer is telling you. I was absolutely not able to place my order. Do your due diligence. My dealer was not able to manually place my order. I spent a great deal of time dealing with this. I ultimately had to change dealers and was able to order immediately. What i found out is when dealers are sold all contracts must be signed between the dealer and ford and processed. Until this happens the dealer can not process it. My dealer had no clue.
I learned this from Ford after being shuffled around and my issue be escalated. I was given option. Wait till all contracts are signed and approved or change dealers.

That was my experience. Yours may differ

OP
OP
McHeel88

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E; Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Chief Financial Officer
Thank you for all the valuable information everyone. I will be calling on Monday to check my status.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
To anyone in this position where dealer was sold. From my experience DO NOT TRUST what ford and dealer is telling you. I was absolutely not able to place my order. Do your due diligence. My dealer was not able to manually place my order. I spent a great deal of time dealing with this. I ultimately had to change dealers and was able to order immediately. What i found out is when dealers are sold all contracts must be signed between the dealer and ford and processed. Until this happens the dealer can not process it. My dealer had no clue.
I learned this from Ford after being shuffled around and my issue be escalated. I was given option. Wait till all contracts are signed and approved or change dealers.

That was my experience. Yours may differ
Did they say how long formFord to approve?

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Did they say how long formFord to approve?
My dealer was sold in early December. Thats when i lost everything. They told me the the digital transaction agreement between ford and my dealer had not been finalized. That was from ford. My dealer knew nothing about that.

As far as transferring my reservation. I took a full 7 days of pestering ford and my dealer before i finally got to someone that listened or cared. They apologized once it made it through several steps of escalation. They my tranfer right while i was on the phone with them. And i got the email and transfer done immediately in that last phone call. From the time my reservation was transferred to the time i was able to order was like 5 minutes. But it took a week of phone calls till someone helped me.

I dont know if it normally goes that fast. I got the impression the person i was talking to actually held a higher position and was manually moving my reservation and placing me #1 at the new dealer.

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
My dealer was sold in early December. Thats when i lost everything. They told me the the digital transaction agreement between ford and my dealer had not been finalized. That was from ford. My dealer knew nothing about that.

As far as transferring my reservation. I took a full 7 days of pestering ford and my dealer before i finally got to someone that listened or cared. They apologized once it made it through several steps of escalation. They my tranfer right while i was on the phone with them. And i got the email and transfer done immediately in that last phone call. From the time my reservation was transferred to the time i was able to order was like 5 minutes. But it took a week of phone calls till someone helped me.

I dont know if it normally goes that fast. I got the impression the person i was talking to actually held a higher position and was manually moving my reservation and placing me #1 at the new dealer.
To clarify my last post.... Transferring was not the issue. The issue was learning the only way i could complete my transaction was to transfer. Once the transfer was complete i had full access to my account.

Sponsored

Balabanr

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
research scientist

Good luck to everyone.
This happened to me over a year ago when my dealer was sold. I would believe that your order is still in place! I got mine on time!!! I contacted the new dealer and they absorbed the order Ford is not cancelling your order only the order to the old dealer…. Hang in there the truck is worth it! Had a great year with mine!!!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hang in there the truck is worth it! Had a great year with mine!!!
You’re replying to a post that’s nearly 2 years old. Ya think he’s still “hanging in there?”

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You’re replying to a post that’s nearly 2 years old. Ya think he’s still “hanging in there?”
Actually he is, and looking at this thread right now, scratching his head ..... LOL

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just trying to help. Did not notice the date as this got to me as a current issue on the web page. Hope he did get it.
All good…..I just like to poke a little fun at necroposting. 😄
Sponsored