First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Long term use DOES overheat the brakes. I just about lost my brakes on a long descent and missed a turn. There is no substitutue for M in 4Lo.
good to know
i wondered about the brakes ON all the time
did your truck stay in 1st gear during the event?
tia
Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
good to know
i wondered about the brakes ON all the time
did your truck stay in 1st gear during the event?
tia
Not sure. It was only a few weeks after I bought the truck --i geeking out and testing out all the features. I think I was in 2hi, full gear selection. Just letting the truck drive itself, essentially. I liked the "one pedal" action -- let me be lazy and enjoy the views more. But about halfway down 3k of vert the system failed and I had to stomp hard on the brakes and crank the steering wheel to avoid plummeting off an edge. No exaggeration! Breaks immediately smelled. I stopped, put it in 4Lo and haven't used the computer since.

Stefanolimotta

First Name
stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Construction
I don't think you'll get an affirmative, as this isn't even configurable in the regular ABS module. In the Tremor module at 760-03-01 *xxx there is

HDC FECAD (Trail Control)
HDC FECAE (Trail Control + T1PD [one pedal driving])

in the regular ABS module it's just HDC in 760-03-01 *xxx. The others don't exist anywhere in the configuration.

I'd be down to crowdfund someone getting the Tremor ABS module and seeing if they can get it to work.
I second this!

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
Did you add the physical button as well and what values did you put in to what module?
I did that a while back and do not remember off hand what the setting was. I think I did it in the "easy mode" of forescan as I was messing around. Trail control turns on with the selector knob with all the other drive modes. I have never used trail control mode. I did a 3 week overlanding trip in CO & UT and only used Normal for off-road and Sport for the highway sections, passing. All the off-road driving I did I manually selected 4hi, 4lo, rear locker, and played alot with the shifter buttons which worked superbly.
Sponsored