First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Prius
Occupation
retired
My 2021 PB had 22K miles and they were down to 3/32 and had to be replaced. I got a $429 credit under the warranty. 15K of those miles were towing to Alaska with some of their bad roads.
Sponsored

S14suspense

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
Have been thinking about the next set of tires already and think I've found a good option.
Pirelli makes the OE 20" tires for the Rivian Truck. All Terrain but designed with EV efficiency in mind and 48 lbs for a 34" tire is not bad at all. Should hold up to our heavy powerboosts.
Ford F-150 F-150 Powerboost tires wearing fast 4-42e2-b022-0cd6e9ab663b-MYr8bf-03064-03065-scaled

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 PB had 22K miles and they were down to 3/32 and had to be replaced. I got a $429 credit under the warranty. 15K of those miles were towing to Alaska with some of their bad roads.
Who agreed to prorate the tire and give you the credit ?

Gthoskin

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hybrid Powerboost Platinum F-150
Occupation
Retired
Got a picture of the tread. It would help understand. If the tread in the middle of the tire is not wearing, and the outsides both are, thats typically under inflation issues. If only 1 outside edge, then it would point to a camber issue.

1633055385505.png
I had the same problem. Provide copies of this thread as evidence to a Ford dealer. The tires I had on my 2021 were discontinued so I received a pro rated warranty claim. No one is claiming fault, however, after many tire alignments etc. I found a dealer that was willing to work with me and provide the evidence to Ford’s warranty claim department that these tires were defective. In my opinion, you have a case and need to have them replaced as soon as possible.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
This thread makes me feel better about needing to replace my 20” Pirelli Scorpions after 28k miles, but I still don’t feel great about it. Same outside wear as everyone else is describing.

Sponsored

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX 4x4 VELOCITY BLUE
Occupation
Integration Engineer
I have a 2021 bought new in 2022 with around 32k on it. My front outside tires have worn down. I didnt really notice it until I decided to do a 2.5" level on the front. When installing it was very obvious the front tires are not going to last past 35k. I think this is an issue for the factory alignment + cheap tires. I currently have dynapro at2 and just got an alignment but can't really determine if anything was out since I added 2.5" level. Im switching to probably Cooper AT or Goodyear AT. I kind of wish I would have had the alignment checked before the level install then redone after just to have that data set. It's nice to see it wasn't just my F150 with this issue from the factory though.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Ford trucks have always had an issue with the outer tire edge wearing faster. This goes back to the twin i-beam suspension era. It was an absolute pain in the ass to get dialed in, but once you did it was damned near impossible to knock it out of alignment. I always put a new car/truck in for an alignment around the 1K mile mark. Then take it back annually. Almost every time the first alignment factory settings are technically in spec but only just with the camber usually being fairly close to being out of range with either too much negative front camber. Rotating/balancing every 3-5K miles and keeping the air pressure set usually helps a lot too. Even then factory tires never get the mileage out of them you think they should before wearing out and needing replacement.
Sponsored