Exhaust, CAI and Intercooler Upgrades in Conjunction - Powerboost

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Looking to update my powerboost w/ a Borla exhaust, Roush CAI and CVF Intercooler. I know, generally speaking, each of those upgrades don't really create more power individually but in conjunction can I expect to see a little bit of improvement in HP and torque?

What would be missing, maybe upgrading the headers? New to the 3.5 liter eco boost engine.

I know I could do a tune as well but a little hesitant there, would prefer to upgrade as much hardware as I can before I start pushing the engine harder
Sponsored

B3A$T

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
UA Pipefitter
I have a 2022 Tremor with a Corsa exhaust, S&B cold air intake, Mishimoto intercooler, turbo smart BOV and CVF charge pipes. All that being said, I can definitely tell a difference from stock.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Intercooler for the price is a complete waste of $. Get a water spray system to mist the intercooler when you want it. You can do it for 1/4 the cost and you can get much cooler air from it. Exhaust and CAI won't net you anything but more noise without tuning for it.

OP
OP

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ended up getting the Borla exhaust and Roush CAI; installed both at the same time. Have read enough that I doubt it added any horsepower but I will say, first drive after adding both it felt like it was pulling harder. May have been in my head but it just felt a little more responsive.

At the very least it looks better lol

Looking at maybe getting the Burger JB4 as well
Ford F-150 Exhaust, CAI and Intercooler Upgrades in Conjunction - Powerboost IMG_0943
Ford F-150 Exhaust, CAI and Intercooler Upgrades in Conjunction - Powerboost IMG_0944

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
So, with as often as the Powerboost switches to electric, is it annoying to have the exhaust note suddenly present?

I've always had some sort of exhaust mod on previous vehicles, but I kinda enjoy the quietness of the PB and wonder If I'd come to hate it..

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coll4646

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, with as much as the Powerboost switches to electric, is it annoying to have the exhaust note suddenly present?

I've always had some sort of exhaust mod on previous vehicles, but I kinda enjoy the quietness of the PB and wonder If I'd come to hate it..
Yea it's hard to describe. I've had Borla on V8's with my previous two trucks and loved it.

The engine turning on/off doesn't bother me. Honestly my last Ram was more annoying when the engine cut back on after stopping at a light; I think because it was louder. I don't really notice this one turning on and off as much.

The sound though....it's just not as good as w/ a V8. It sounds good and I'm still happy I did it but it's not quite what I thought it would be. Hard to describe...the sound isn't as smooth or constant as it was w/ a V8 if that makes sense. It kind of peaks and drops at different RMP's and/or gears, it's just inconsistent. Doesn't quite sound like drone but it's close. Maybe it just needs to break in a little.

But that's also just driving around normally, when you get on it it definitely sounds good lol.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
2nd. I've had exhaust on many vehicles and won't touch the PBs due to how quiet it is. I also haven't heard an exhaust that doesn't make me think it's a mail truck on these 6 cylinders. There's also the tendency for the ricers to make it loud because they can't make it sound good. No rice truck for me. Ford made these trucks quiet, I've also added ~30lbs of butyl rubber to it further reducing the cabin noise floor.

salador

First Name
sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I have ford F150 with Borla exhaust and I installed cold air intake. I feel it's not really as good as advised. I don't know if the installation is wrong or if my car is not compatible? When driving at high speed I feel the sound is very bad. Has anyone encountered this problem?
Sponsored

Last edited: