Vehicles
07 Lincoln Mark LT, 23 F-350 Platinum Diesel

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Yep, FORScan.
I see all kinds of stuff done on FORScan I'm to chicken to try it I'm pretty sure I'll end up messing something up.
I doubt there's that much stuff I can do anyway since I have an xl/stx model

Michael1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
So I go in the BDYCM with Forscan and in the as built list I scroll down to 726-40-01 and start to change the 0100 in the middle code to 0101 and when writing all I get an error message that the 0101 is wrong…it gives me the option to write anyway ..I say yes then it asks me again…I chicken out…change it back to 0100 and exit…Has anyone else experienced this…it appears that 0101 is the correct middle code…any ideas??

EBR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Lincoln Mark LT, 23 F-350 Platinum Diesel
That is correct, you will get the error, because of the check sum is incorrect. The check sum is for the original/existing value and not for your new changes. Once you write it, the check sum will be updated.

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Hey all,

Thanks for all the comments on this- it's helped me fix my tow mirror upgrade.

Question-

Is there a way to switch the yellow tow mirror running lights to white in Forscan?

Sponsored

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0 4X4, 1999 F150 XLT 5.4 2wd
Occupation
Euro Manufacture Auto Technician
Just got back from dealer. Tow mirrors installed just fine and all existing features (BLIS, heat, turn signals, puddle lights, spotlights) were plug'n'play... except... "we can't activate the trailer mirror running lights because we don't have that option in FDRS [the Ford dealer software app]... but you can probably do it yourself in Forscan... but if you use Forscan you may void your warranty". So that was awesome.

I sat there and said "you're putting a Ford part on a Ford vehicle but don't have the option to activate one of the features of that part?".
"Correct."

Can anyone verify that a dealer cannot activate trailer mirror running/marker lights that come on when headlights are on?
I have a question, I am looking at buying these exact Trailer Tow Mirrors (ML3Z17696BA) that you had installed. I have the same factory configuration of mirror on my truck.
When the running lights did not work did it create a message on the dash? (I dont care if they dont work I just wouldn't want a message on the dash everytime I start the truck)
Just to clarify for me, you say it was all plug'n'play so they did not need to use FDRS for anything. (I plan on installing myself and don't have forscan and don't care to take it to the dealer for anything).

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Hey all,

Thanks for all the comments on this- it's helped me fix my tow mirror upgrade.

Question-

Is there a way to switch the yellow tow mirror running lights to white in Forscan?
No.

I have a question, I am looking at buying these exact Trailer Tow Mirrors (ML3Z17696BA) that you had installed. I have the same factory configuration of mirror on my truck.
When the running lights did not work did it create a message on the dash? (I dont care if they dont work I just wouldn't want a message on the dash everytime I start the truck)
Just to clarify for me, you say it was all plug'n'play so they did not need to use FDRS for anything. (I plan on installing myself and don't have forscan and don't care to take it to the dealer for anything).
No error message on dash. Activating the running lights requires a ~$50 dongle to connect to the truck and a free Forscan license and an hour or two of reading and learning to use Forscan. FDRS is not involved. Tow mirrors are much wider than standard mirrors, which is why they have running lights, so oncoming cars/bikes/peds can see your width. Without them you run a chance of knocking mirrors or a cyclist in tight spots because they can't see your width. Not sure if you'd be liable because your lights weren't functional.
Sponsored