First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
So more on the story, problem is happening again now with the P0A1E code. Truck fails to return to hybrid mode. The Dealer said there is now a TSB on this, but I didn't get a chance to ask which one. Anyways, they said it was related to the AGM battery. They had reset something and was charging the battery to test. I took it home (a few miles away) and put it on charge with a smart charger and connected the negative cable to the frame. By morning it was reading Full. A week goes by and I get the same problem again. The dealer did say that if this was not a fix, then it was a deeper issue. I am literally 8100k from being out of warranty. I will be calling ford asking them to extend the warranty for this issue that they can't seem to fix! Does anyone have an idea on how to make the dealer pull out the parts cannon and fire away under warranty?
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I was getting this DTC today after performing a bunch of updates. I tried to clear it a few times and it wouldn’t go away. Where I still had an active FDRS license, I ran a PMI on the PCM and it seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
My 2012 F150 has 7 modules.
My 2022 has 47

It's crazy when you think about it.
It's important to remember that the truck "never" turns off. The central computer is always running, if at a very low current draw. So these modules are really just "checking in" before "breakfast." ...And you know, if they didn't get their cup of coffee, they'll pitch a fit! :)
Sponsored