First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
I placed an order for a 2023 F-150 with a local dealership abot a month ago. What I got back from them was a "preview order", which I signed off on despite the fact that I wanted to make a couple of changes. The saleseman said not to worry about it, we could do that once we get a DORA number back from ford. One of the changes I wanted to make was changing the color to one of the new 2023 colors, but he said that wasn't available in his system. I haven't heard back from them since.

I'm wondering if they're using the wrong order system or something. CONCEPS instead of WBDO or something. Has 2023 only been added to one of them?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Have you received an email from Ford? Once the order is in the system they email you stating that they have received your order.

OP
OP

billm

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ah... excellent point, and yes. I got an email from Ford on July 26, so I suppose the order is in. I would like to make a couple of small changes, mostly updating the color to one of the new 23 colors, which the dealer said wasn't available in their system. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to assign a "DORA" number?

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
You can make changes until you get a VIN
Sponsored