clee1052

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150
Occupation
Director Safety & Compliance (Retired LE)
Sorry If its already in a thread I did not see.

I have been going back and forth purchasing a new truck. I have a 15 150 xlt 2.7 with 35k, and want to get the 3.5 almost pulled trigger on 20, then found out 2021 will be like the 15, first new model, so I stopped.

But I was also thinking of a 250 diesel. I want a truck to pull a mini excavator with no issues, and I know the 250 can handle no prob, and the 150. I do not use it much as you can see by my current miles. Now with the Generator pack on the 150, which they should do on all I'm headed this way.

So my question where do I order one? Any dealer or is there a specific way?

Thanks all,
Chris
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Albert @Granger Ford should be able to help you navigate this. You can shoot him a PM or I'm sure he will be posting on here later today. He is an excellent resource!

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Sorry If its already in a thread I did not see.

I have been going back and forth purchasing a new truck. I have a 15 150 xlt 2.7 with 35k, and want to get the 3.5 almost pulled trigger on 20, then found out 2021 will be like the 15, first new model, so I stopped.

But I was also thinking of a 250 diesel. I want a truck to pull a mini excavator with no issues, and I know the 250 can handle no prob, and the 150. I do not use it much as you can see by my current miles. Now with the Generator pack on the 150, which they should do on all I'm headed this way.

So my question where do I order one? Any dealer or is there a specific way?

Thanks all,
Chris
What is the trailer weight with the excavator and tongue weight? Goose or rear pull?

The reason I ask is while the 1/2 ton with "pull and stop" at the weight ratings many people that have bought the F-150 and pull heavy are disappointed at the wear it puts on the truck..

When I sold trucks and someone came to me telling me that they had a trailer that weighed 10k and the tongue (@10%) of 1K

• I would find out how often was the pull?
  • Distance of the pulls?
  • Pave, rock or dirt/mud?

That would give me an idea of which truck to lead them to...

F-150 if the pull was short on pave/some gravel and not frequent..the semi floating rear axle could handle that situation.. mainly a family get around but need a truck to pull occasionally.

F-250-350 if they had a trailer hanging on for most of the week and maybe pulled a boat on the weekend.. Drove on mainly gravel/dirt/mud and traveled distances.. the full floating rear axle is what this was meant to handle... The only negs to the SD is the ride quality for a daily drivers and the fuel economy

Bleepin' Jeep a YouTuber that I watch explains it in understandable terms..

BTW he has a lot of information on the channel for truck owners to watch

JRH58

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Sales
What is the trailer weight with the excavator and tongue weight? Goose or rear pull?

The reason I ask is while the 1/2 ton with "pull and stop" at the weight ratings many people that have bought the F-150 and pull heavy are disappointed at the wear it puts on the truck..

When I sold trucks and someone came to me telling me that they had a trailer that weighed 10k and the tongue (@10%) of 1K

• I would find out how often was the pull?
  • Distance of the pulls?
  • Pave, rock or dirt/mud?

That would give me an idea of which truck to lead them to...

F-150 if the pull was short on pave/some gravel and not frequent..the semi floating rear axle could handle that situation.. mainly a family get around but need a truck to pull occasionally.

F-250-350 if they had a trailer hanging on for most of the week and maybe pulled a boat on the weekend.. Drove on mainly gravel/dirt/mud and traveled distances.. the full floating rear axle is what this was meant to handle... The only negs to the SD is the ride quality for a daily drivers and the fuel economy

Bleepin' Jeep a YouTuber that I watch explains it in understandable terms..

BTW he has a lot of information on the channel for truck owners to watch

Very well done presentation, but I have questions about his description of unsprung weight.
Sponsored