• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Configuration Question

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I’ve been doing some thinking given the proposed EV credit legislation and the pricing of the F-150L. I’m sure everyone saw the single sheet flyer with the pricing of different trims.

The sheet only has 6 different packages. The Lariat+ had a tag at $79k, which is what I’d target. That exceeds the $74k cap on the new legislation.

Has Ford said they’d only offer 6 configurations? It seems nonsensical to do that. Is that true or will there be complete customization like the ICE F-150?

If there is complete customization, it should be easy to get nearly everything I’d want - Blue Cruise, extended battery, phone as key, etc - in a Lariat.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’ve been doing some thinking given the proposed EV credit legislation and the pricing of the F-150L. I’m sure everyone saw the single sheet flyer with the pricing of different trims.

The sheet only has 6 different packages. The Lariat+ had a tag at $79k, which is what I’d target. That exceeds the $74k cap on the new legislation.

Has Ford said they’d only offer 6 configurations? It seems nonsensical to do that. Is that true or will there be complete customization like the ICE F-150?

If there is complete customization, it should be easy to get nearly everything I’d want - Blue Cruise, extended battery, phone as key, etc - in a Lariat.
Any thoughts?
That same survey (which was not final), did offer options on the Lariat to add some things (including everything you listed) as separate options. However, just adding the ER battery to the Lariat pushes you over the $74k limit.

The legislation is also not final and as of now the Senate is looking to kill it, or at least cut the majority of it ($3.5T to $1T to $1.5T). Thank Joe Manchin. We have no idea what will come out in the end.

Ford F-150 Lightning Configuration Question 2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-3 2