Sponsored

Can Production be Delayed (by Customer) after VIN is Issued?

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
I purchased a 2022 King Ranch 5.5' bed and ordered a 6.5' bed on 2/1/22 because I need the extra foot. I just received my FIRST email from Ford (or the dealership) saying production is scheduled for Aug 15. 2022. I want to move this back until the Active Motion Seats are available. A Window Sticker has not been generated, nor a Blend Date issued. Anyone been successful?

It gripes me to no end that Ford agreed to build my King Ranch (601A King Ranch High) order, which includes messaging seats and Ford Connected Navigation, and now says it will not be built this way. I also checked the Max Recline option as well. For those of you who have been keeping up with Commodity Constraints, you know that Ford unilaterally chose to remove several options recently, but the Active Motion Seats have a "Late Availability" for 2022.

I would like to find a way to change the Order Status (?), and not have this truck manufactured until the Active Seats are available. For those of you who are wondering, YES, this is a must have. My wife's hips and back start to hurt after 3 hours and it really does make a difference.

I called the dealer when I received the email. Sales Manager said, Sorry, nothing we can do except place another order when the 2023 Order Banks open up. That's not an option because I just don't trust Ford anymore. With all the features removed from the 2021 King Ranch, I predict 2023 model will have more features deleted that are found on the 2022. Charge more for less truck, I get it.

So, the short of this is, I will take delivery of this custom order. If it has the active motion seats, I'll trade the 2022 KR I'm driving now when the new truck comes in. If my custom order is not built as spec'd, I'll put it on a trailer and sell it with 7 miles. I sure would like to find a way to push the assembly back until the seats are available.

Thanks
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Methinks your dealer gave you the correct and only answer insofar as the current order and you've identified your alternatives.

You could of course simply cancel the reduced-content truck order with the dealer now, which should not incur any penalty or deposit forfeiture if you made one, but it seems you think you can take delivery and sell it as 'used' at a profit, which may well be correct, too.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Last edited:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I am curious: What do you intend to do to meet the necessity for a 6.5ft box and the massaging seats?

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I also think the dealer gave you good information. Your only real option is to cancel this order and reorder for 2023. However there is no telling when (if ever) those options will be reinstated.

All you can do is wait until the order banks reopen, place another order and when you get better information decide to keep the order or cancel and try again further down the road.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Last edited:
OP
OP

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I am curious: What do you intend to do to meet the necessity for a 6.5ft box and the massaging seats?
It would help to know what options we have, but Ford will not release that info. If I could pull a chip out of the 5.5' and put it in the 6.5', I would do that. My guess is that it is not a chip problem, but the motors that create the movement and vibration are not available. I am going to assume that Ford no longer receives these seats with the messaging modules installed.

And the same goes for the Navigation/Sirius delete. Is it a chip that can be installed latter, or a complete module?

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Assuming they are the same interior colour, if I was in your position, I might consider seeing what it would take to swap the seats out.

My driving is almost exclusively in either 1 hour, or 2 hour increments. I just took delivery of a platinum with multicontour delete.... I was pissed when I found out I wouldn't get massaging seats...

Now that I've taken delivery, the problems have only grown as part of the lumbar is jabbing me in the back and I cannot get a comfortable position in the seat. I've reached out to @Ford Motor Company hoping that they can figure out a retrofit solution... so far my best option seems to be to burn $15k to trade my less-than-2-week old truck with 1200km on it, for a similarly equipped demo (but with the correct seats) that has 6000km on it.

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
It would help to know what options we have, but Ford will not release that info. If I could pull a chip out of the 5.5' and put it in the 6.5', I would do that. My guess is that it is not a chip problem, but the motors that create the movement and vibration are not available. I am going to assume that Ford no longer receives these seats with the messaging modules installed.

And the same goes for the Navigation/Sirius delete. Is it a chip that can be installed latter, or a complete module?
I know its not the seats, but you keep saying the navigation and Sirius xm radio is deleted....that isn't true. The King Ranch will have those, mine is in transit and has those two options. My max recline seats were deleted and I never saw anything that said the multi contour seats were late availability. I thought those were part of the May 5th mandatory deletes.

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
I know its not the seats, but you keep saying the navigation and Sirius xm radio is deleted....that isn't true. The King Ranch will have those, mine is in transit and has those two options. My max recline seats were deleted and I never saw anything that said the multi contour seats were late availability. I thought those were part of the May 5th mandatory deletes.
The 601A had a late delete of the massaging seats. Ford finally deleted those June 19th. I was watching closely since I ordered that trim. Still not scheduled, so looks like I'll have to live with heat only.

OP
OP

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
VIN Created 06/30/2022
Under Order Tracking > Accessories: Multicontour seats with Active Motion® Removal
" " > Packages: Navigation Discount 3x

Fred, I know there has been some back and forth on the Navigation/Sirius but maybe you can be more specific. I understood the constraint had to do with the receiver, not the lame 3 year Ford navigation subscription service being offered. ?

More than once I've seen Late Availability for the seats after the May 5 delete.

JFried, I am sorry for you. We should be getting a $300 USD credit for the massage delete. Do you think the dealerships could make this right for that much? Nobody seems to know what is missing and what would be involved in a retrofit.
Sponsored