First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Good morning, all. Apologies if this has been asked. I would like to trade my 2020 F-150 s-crew 5.0 FX4 for a new Tremor with the High package. But the reality is, I have a low buy-out for the lease; it only has 17,000 miles; has been flawless; and most of all, the price of the new Tremors (and all trucks) is prohibitive. I don't really rock-crawl, but I do enjoy drives in the deep, soft sands of the OBX. That experience has taught me that I would like a 2-inch level and good AT tires. Besides that, would I need anything else to get the basic extra capabilities if the Tremor?
Thanks in advance.

Ford F-150 Building a Psuedo-Tremor 96280E50-1AA0-4C26-86A8-2169E5BACAC1
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Hmm, I am not 100% certain of all items pertaining to the tremor with respect to suspension and powertrain, but I believe the single biggest item would be the Torsen front limited slip diff.

OP
OP

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
...but I believe the single biggest item would be the Torsen front limited slip diff.
I'm assuming that's out for me. Probably pretty expensive.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
You can still build a decent off road vehicle without it, but if you wanted to build a "tremor", I think that would be one of the main mechanical components to go after

metallikatz3

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tacoma
Front Torsen and the hi-lock transfer case are the biggest changes for the tremor. The front level is inconsequential and that part can be easily added.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Front Torsen and the hi-lock transfer case are the biggest changes for the tremor. The front level is inconsequential and that part can be easily added.
I knew there was something with the T-case but couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for that

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
High package or 402a gets you the hi-lock transfer case. Torsen front diff add on isn't that expensive relatively speaking.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
High package or 402a gets you the hi-lock transfer case. Torsen front diff add on isn't that expensive relatively speaking.
I would imagine most of the cost would be in paying someone else to do the swap for you if you're not able to do it yourself

OP
OP

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
I would imagine most of the cost would be in paying someone else to do the swap for you if you're not able to do it yourself
I have neither the proper tools nor skill. Worth paying a professional.

Last edited:

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
The front skid plate and rear exhaust system from the raptor improve approach and departure angles as well.

Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
What is a hi-lock transfer case? Why is this beneficial? I understand the Torsen diff.

I had a tremor on order, but after 3 months of nothing... and then finding a FX4 302A package available, I just bought that instead and canceled my Tremor. I too am looking to make my truck as capable as possible, as I do go rock crawling and head into the backcountry regularly.

Cheers!

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
What is a hi-lock transfer case? Why is this beneficial? I understand the Torsen diff.

I had a tremor on order, but after 3 months of nothing... and then finding a FX4 302A package available, I just bought that instead and canceled my Tremor. I too am looking to make my truck as capable as possible, as I do go rock crawling and head into the backcountry regularly.

Cheers!
There was a whole thread about the 3 different T-cases a couple months ago, I’ll see if I can find it

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fer-case-models-are-used-in-our-trucks.12256/

Last edited:

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I'm assuming that's out for me. Probably pretty expensive.
I have a 402a tremor I manged to snag off a dealer lot, mine was not optioned with the torsen (why befuddles me). It was only a $500 option and on the tremor forum there is a guy in my boat who added it after purchase and said all in it was about $1500, since it's all mechanical, in theory you can add it to any trim level Tremor. Now I am not certain if the front end of the tremor is some how different to accept the Torsen compared to a non-tremor, but if you really wanted one, I'm willing to bet it would work.

Let me find that thread for you.
EDIT: A whole day later, I never found the one I wanted, but I did see another post where the actual torsen diff still only costs about $500 from a dealer, but with installation is around $1800-$2000

Otherwise to chime in on the original topic, as much as I love my Tremor, I get the appeal of a cheap buyout on what I presume has been a problem free great truck. I didn't have a truck payment for like 3 years and then I upgraded to this and granted I still love it, going back to a payment sucks.
Sponsored

Last edited: