First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe this is not a huge deal but once I noticed it, I can't not see it. My drivers door doesn't really line up with the front quarter panel or the rear left side door. I mean I guess it's better than a mechanical problem but c'mon @Ford Motor Company . You build 1,000,000 of these a year, you can't make my $70,000+ truck panels line up?

Kansas City or Dearborn?

IMG_6018.JPG
IMG_6017.JPG
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Hmm, you may be right about the second picture, I had not noticed that the black part was aligned.

But the front edge of the door should be in line with the quarter panel, having it offset would actually make it less efficient I believe as it would induce a swirl/eddy there.
the front edge of the door should be inside the fender.
The way the door is hinged, the lead edge moves forward as it is moving behind the fender.
(olden day dogleg hinges moved forward and out as the door opened so the doors were sticking out past the fenders)

this actually allows for thinner door/fender gaps.

the doors on my Super don’t line up real well, but since there is no water intrusion, and the wind noise is virtually non existent, I will leave them be.
18 months, 17,000 mi and I’m quite content with it.
But, knowing that the roof and hood needed replaced and every other panel except tailgate were repaired after a hail storm, not quite as in love with it as I was in March.

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
Check out my front bumper…

@Ford Motor Company what idiot let that slide. Built in Dearborn. Fire him or her.

Ford F-150 Body Panels misaligned. E42CEC81-C599-49D6-804C-B0B0A31CFBBA

Ford F-150 Body Panels misaligned. B66BC14B-4135-42A6-AF1A-3618AE865BDE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bannerman

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
All Tremors are Dearborn

OP
OP
Bannerman

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
the front edge of the door should be inside the fender.
The way the door is hinged, the lead edge moves forward as it is moving behind the fender.
(olden day dogleg hinges moved forward and out as the door opened so the doors were sticking out past the fenders)

this actually allows for thinner door/fender gaps.

the doors on my Super don’t line up real well, but since there is no water intrusion, and the wind noise is virtually non existent, I will leave them be.
18 months, 17,000 mi and I’m quite content with it.
But, knowing that the roof and hood needed replaced and every other panel except tailgate were repaired after a hail storm, not quite as in love with it as I was in March.
Well it doesn't match the passenger side. So which one is wrong?

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
My truck is the same way. Driver's fender sits just proud of the driver's door. There are other misalignment issues with the doors, but I've honestly come to believe that Ford just does a poor job with these truck bodies. They'd probably blame the aluminum, but it's just poor tolerances and QC.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
Well it doesn't match the passenger side. So which one is wrong?
Have no clue. My driver side “looks” okay at the top, but the passenger side is way out of whack for someone that notices this.

Im not caring too much as long as there are no rattles, wind, or water leaks.
since I have a SuperCab 8’, my biggest concern was rattles from the clamshell doors.
I do not tolerate rattles well. I have replaced door rubbers on all of my trucks as soon as the door clunked on the latch, and my former Ranger, I was forever in the doors. Tightening things up.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I hate threads like this one.. 🤬

Sitting here not a worry in the world about this kinda crap then I go off and click this thread and next thing I'm outside with a bunch of various measuring tools checking the fit/finish on my truck...

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
I hate threads like this one.. 🤬

Sitting here not a worry in the world about this kinda crap then I go off and click this thread and next thing I'm outside with a bunch of various measuring tools checking the fit/finish on my truck...
Remember the rusty ass end thread??
My solution was to never look under the truck after the first time—-completely over it now.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Remember the rusty ass end thread??
My solution was to never look under the truck after the first time—-completely over it now.

Good plan. (y)

Light surface rust on underbody components like the frame, axel, etc. never bothered me anyway.
Sponsored