Best bed cover??

higgledy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My Ruggedliner hard folder is not flush by any means and doesn't fold against the cab for full bed access. But the most water I find under it is a few drips at the corners if I take it through a carwash and water is force fed into it from all sides.

I had a flush looking bakflip for about 9 years and over the long run I found depending on seals and drain tubes was less effective to make it water tight than going to a topmount cover that sheds water naturally before it tries to force its way through a seal. It also gets me an extra inch or two of height which has made a difference in being able to comfortably close it a bunch of times.
Sponsored

GJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum FX4
Roll-N-Lock A-Series

love mine……….very dry and very flush

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I have the HD https://diamondbackcovers.com/products/diamondbackhd

It seals fine with tailgate. You just need to take time to line it up during installation. I like it cuz it locks and can’t be cut like vinyl. But I suppose someone can take out the screws.
I have the Retrax MX. nicely built strong cover. No problems with it. It does leak a bit. I have to be cognizant of what I’m doing to see if I have to protect from water first. It doesn’t leak badly, but much more than I’m happy with. Traveling to Christmas’s and keeping presents dry was a challenge since it was raining in Chicago land, Crazy. Need something more water resistant.

madsend81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 157" WB
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Leer Pace Edwards retractable tonneau cover on mine. I like it because it doesn't require another key. You can't access it without dropping the tailgate. It's not 100% leak proof, but the vast majority of the bed has stayed dry despite some pretty good rain. It does sit a little proud over the sides of the bed by about 1/2".

Blue Chips

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Supercab 3.5L 4x4
I installed a TruXedo Lo Pro tonneau cover. So far, so good.

I think I paid something like $549.00, so I guess it's a mid-priced alternative.

I often carry tall items, so having a roll-up cover is my preference, and it can be removed completely if need be. There are some built-in crossbars to help keep it flat and provide some support for snow (I'm not sure how much snow it can handle yet, as we haven't had a really big storm yet this winter). It seems to keep the bed quite dry underneath. You have to open the tailgate to release the tonneau cover latch, so there's a bit of security there.

In the photo you can see the cover rolled up against the back of the cab.

Ford F-150 Best bed cover?? truck-with-rolled-up-tonneau-cover-1

Melipron

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Website
melipron.com
Vehicles
F150
Hello everyone,

looking to get a bed cover for the truck. Really want one that doesn’t leak and looks flush. Any recommendations?
Hi, If you're thinking about a bed rack that can be used together with a tonneau cover later on, check this out: Ford F150 Overland Bed Rack

Sponsored

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
I ended up installing the Truxedo Deuce 2 as I wanted a style that folded from the front, but could still roll up to the front of the bed. I removed a Revolver X2 from the truck that was already on it, and that was a very nice cover as well.

Kevpoppapump

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT FX4
I have a Diamond Back cover. It’s not cheap but has never leaked. It’s been installed for 3 years now. https://diamondbackcovers.com/
I’m strongly leaning towards the DB HD. After having both vinyl and ballistic roll ups (poor security), ARE shell (heavy/back window blind), and a Retrax with t-slot rails (large space taking can) in previous trucks, I think it’s time to try a hard secure cover.
Sponsored