First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Here it is. 3" RC lift in the front and 1" rear with Vertex adjustable shocks. I also added the Aries Powerboards. They are the only Powerboards that fit the Powerboost without modification. Measurements went from 36.25" front to 39.5". 39.5" to 40.5" in the rear. I only have about 8 miles on it in town, but the ride seems just a touch stiffer than stock with the shocks set on #4. I'll have to play with that a little to see what setting I prefer. Now for tires once it gets closer to hunting season.
Ford F-150 Before and after 3" RC lift with Vertex adjustable shocks Before 2
Ford F-150 Before and after 3" RC lift with Vertex adjustable shocks After 3
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. I haven't driven enough to form a true opinion yet. So far a little stiffer than stock, just enough to notice. I'll know more after tomorrow. I'm headed out for a little mellow off road. The adjustments are very easy, a dial knob on each reservoir. 1-8 adjustment, it's on 4 right now.

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
General impressions after a couple weeks and finally getting to some moderate off road driving.

1. MPG loss with the stock tires isn't enough to notice. No change with how the lane centering works, headlight aim is still good.
2. I'm set on 4 right now (adjustable 1-8, 1 is softest). Small bumps on the highway are more noticeable. Off road it was smoother and handle the harsher bumps much better than stock.
3. Body roll wasn't bad stock but is almost nonexistent with the vertex shocks. It stays planted on the corners better than stock.

I'll be moving the setting to 3 and maybe 2 for my highway driving to get closer to stock feel. Off road I'll be sticking with the 4 setting for now.

Powerstroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Any chance you have or can get a roof height measurement? Thinking about the same kit but worried about being able to fit in some parking garages.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Any chance you have or can get a roof height measurement? Thinking about the same kit but worried about being able to fit in some parking garages.
Not for a couple days, I just dropped it off at the ford dealer for the TSB this morning.

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
It measures out between 76" and 77" at the antenna on the back of the roof. That is with the stock tires and rims.

22XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT
Is this kit more of a level rather than a lift?

77” is the advertised spec for roof height on a stock vehicle.

Do you think maybe it’s a little bit higher than that?

I know it’s tough to try to get a true reading on the height.

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Is this kit more of a level rather than a lift?

77” is the advertised spec for roof height on a stock vehicle.

Do you think maybe it’s a little bit higher than that?

I know it’s tough to try to get a true reading on the height.
The RC lift only raises the rear by 1", the front by 3". I have a Leer 650 installed that is fairly heavy. The fact I also have the Powerboost that is a bit heavier doesn't surprise me that it is at 77". Since the highest point is at the very back of the cab close to the rear axle the 1" rear lift is the only real effect on overall height with the amount of rake in these trucks

Last edited:

Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow

I've got a 6" lift with 35s and can clear a 7' sign with a few inches to spare
Sponsored