Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I finally got my new 22 inch Ford Performance wheels mounted on the truck today. The tires are Michelin Defenders 305/45R22. They ride very well and no noise. I'm not an off road guy and pondering the idea of having the front level removed and drop the rear to remove the extra space. But another part of me likes riding a little higher than most people on the road. Time will tell.

These were a direct swap from my factory wheels with no spacers or any rubbing. If you have any questions, let me know.

IMG-5376.jpg

IMG_8667 2.jpg

IMG_8668 2.jpg

2.jpg
That's a beautiful F-150, John! Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lojo

Lojo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 1989 Saleen #609, 1992 Mustang LX
Occupation
Retired
Foxtoberfest!
I was there and snapped a few of your car, Very Nice!

here’s mine.

IMG_3963.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg
Yes sir I was there. And I do you remember your car as well. Love the red with black rims. Hoping to have my 92 Notch back from resto-modification next week. Looking to change the wheel and tire setup from 18's to 17's.

What's your wheel and tire setup on your LX? I like those rims. What brand are they?

Thanks, John

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I finally got my new 22 inch Ford Performance wheels mounted on the truck today. The tires are Michelin Defenders 305/45R22. They ride very well and no noise. I'm not an off road guy and pondering the idea of having the front level removed and drop the rear to remove the extra space. But another part of me likes riding a little higher than most people on the road. Time will tell.

These were a direct swap from my factory wheels with no spacers or any rubbing. If you have any questions, let me know.

IMG-5376.jpg

IMG_8667 2.jpg

IMG_8668 2.jpg

2.jpg
I have the stock 275/50R22s on my '21, so they are similar in dimensions but for the 2" width difference. I hoped the ride would still be reasonable given the shorter sidewall, and it has not disappointed me at all. I think my current tires are Generals and have held up well. I may look at going to the Michelins when I need replacements.

Nice looking truck!!

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Yes sir I was there. And I do you remember your car as well. Love the red with black rims. Hoping to have my 92 Notch back from resto-modification next week. Looking to change the wheel and tire setup from 18's to 17's.

What's your wheel and tire setup on your LX? I like those rims. What brand are they?

Thanks, John
Thanks!

Wheels are True Forged Chicane's 18x8 with Toyo 888R 245/40 & 18x10 with Mickey SS 285/40. Wheels are discontinued now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lojo

Lojo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the stock 275/50R22s on my '21, so they are similar in dimensions but for the 2" width difference. I hoped the ride would still be reasonable given the shorter sidewall, and it has not disappointed me at all. I think my current tires are Generals and have held up well. I may look at going to the Michelins when I need replacements.

Nice looking truck!!
Thank you! I looked at going with those tire dimensions but just liked the way the Michelins looked and in case I decided to lower the truck down a notch or two.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
I'd rather lower the rear end than level the truck by lifting. Wifey has trouble getting in. Sometimes lower is better.

Lowered, the taller tires will fill the wheel arches nicely.

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I'd rather lower the rear end than level the truck by lifting. Wifey has trouble getting in. Sometimes lower is better.

Lowered, the taller tires will fill the wheel arches nicely.
I agree. That is what I like about the stock 22s on mine. I think they fill the wheel wells nicely. The height is good too, for easy entry/exit. Now if I were an off-roader, I would make different choices on truck, tires, and height.

krat0s

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Occupation
Service Director
I have the pretty much the same truck but 2wd, 285-45-22 michelin defender with a 3/4 drop. Only had it a month but, think the orig wheels looked tiny

Ford F-150 Before & after with new Ford Performance 22" inch wheels + Michelin Defenders 305/45R22 truck1

Ford F-150 Before & after with new Ford Performance 22" inch wheels + Michelin Defenders 305/45R22 truck2

Ford F-150 Before & after with new Ford Performance 22" inch wheels + Michelin Defenders 305/45R22 truck3

blackmamba24

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat V8

IMG-5376.jpg

IMG_8667 2.jpg

IMG_8668 2.jpg

2.jpg
Supper nice! This is exactly what I've been thinking of doing to mine. I Googled F150 black 22" rims, you're the only image that came up to get a look. I'm waiting on mine to come in and have been looking at those Ford Performance 22s as well. Did you ever decide to lower it to remove the extra space? That's the best looking configuration there is IMO. My only concern lowering it is the tow capacity as not to bottom out the rear end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lojo

Lojo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I put a leveling kit on mine to raise the front. I prefer the higher ride height which works out perfect when I'm towing one of my cars to a show. That's just my preference. I do like the reverse level as well. It's not completely out of the question in the future. I've attached a photo of what it looks like when towing one of my cars. Rides really good.

Ford F-150 Before & after with new Ford Performance 22" inch wheels + Michelin Defenders 305/45R22 IMG_7119

blackmamba24

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat V8
I put a leveling kit on mine to raise the front. I prefer the higher ride height which works out perfect when I'm towing one of my cars to a show. That's just my preference. I do like the reverse level as well. It's not completely out of the question in the future. I've attached a photo of what it looks like when towing one of my cars. Rides really good.

IMG_7119.jpeg
Thank you for the info. That's a sick picture I can see that as a full page Ford add in MotorTrend