• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Base / Commercial Model

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Would be interested to hear everyone’s speculation on what you can strip out of an XLT to save 12k for the base model $39,974 MSRP.

Possibilities:
-vinyl seats
-no cruise control
-available in white only
-manual crank windows

what else??
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
center console screen/Car Play/Android Auto
am/fm radio
front bench seating
climate control

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
I love my toys in my truck (especially the vented seats) but I genuinely hope they offer an actual XL fleet truck with vinyl seats, crank windows, and a "base" radio (like AM/FM only) but I know that won't happen.

Maybe a leather wrapped steering wheel but no controls for anything :D

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Since Sync4 is standard across the board, that is pretty handy, and I see no point in deleting that for just am/fm.
All of my subscriptions have expired and I pretty much only use my phone for music and if needed, navigation.

XL starts around 30k and I guess moves up to the 40k range with options and configurations.

base truck would be a 3.3 NA, 3.15 rear, 17” steel wheels, and a 6-1/2ft box.
comes with cloth seats, manual windows, rubber floor mats, cruise control, tilt, a/c. Can’t get much more base than that. Won’t even have a trailer hitch.

My SuperCab, 4x4, 8’ box, 5.0 XLT started at $43,800.
the options I added brought it up to 50k almost on the nose.
XLT 301a
bucket seats/console
locking rear
36 gallon tank
step bars
18” painted wheels. (HDPP wheels)
remote start.
maybe a couple more, but nothing in the creature comforts / gadgetry line.

the XLs are at the bigger dealers and if you are near a larger city, Ford may have a truck center, and those places will have a sea of base white pickups laying about with just a few in color up by the office. At least the one near me does.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If they're hung up on only offering the 'commercial mode' in crewcab configuration, expect it to be like the half-assed Chevy Colorado and Ford Ranger base trucks that have the rear seats completely stripped out. That are good for the delivery drivers at Autozone and NAPA but entirely deficient when compared with an 8' bed truck for actual truck stuff.

I expect the $39K, to be not the best deal at all, pretty much every truck maker has hamstrung their base trucks in order to sell more expensive ones and there are no great deals unless you are a fleet buyer, or get last year's XL model and are able to find one that wasn't ordered with so many options that it would have been the same price as an XLT with even more extras standard.

I compared in another post how buying a base model truck nowadays is like getting the chicken at a fancy steakhouse.

Sponsored
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, F-150 ⚡ (reservation)
Steel wheels, probably more plastic materials instead of leather or soft materials, manual adjust seats, but other then that I have no idea! But the fact that they say it is commercial oriented on their website means it’ll probably have very little additional options aside from the standard AWD and Sync 4

OP
OP

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Based on this it looks like the base trim is called “Pro” and the extended battery is a 10k option.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Would be interested to hear everyone’s speculation on what you can strip out of an XLT to save 12k for the base model $39,974 MSRP.

Possibilities:
-vinyl seats
-no cruise control
-available in white only
-manual crank windows

what else??
Honestly, none of that would keep me from buying the base version. I hope it's not only White, but maybe they'll do it to kinda push people into the XLT. Honestly, that's the kind of thing I'm worried about with the base model. Blocking a important option like the hitch or the higher output plugs in the bed... but it seems like that would be a dumb move since those are kind of important to work trucks. If all they do is block creature-comfort options, I'm good with that for the price difference from XLT. Guess we'll see... hopefully tomorrow!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Based on this it looks like the base trim is called “Pro” and the extended battery is a 10k option.

Wow, fortunately SOMEONE realized that photo got removed and used the Wayback Machine to grab the photo off the original version of the article! ;)

Might be old news tomorrow, but I definitely think that's saying the base model will be the Lightning Pro.
Sponsored