Sponsored

Anybody have a 2/7/2022 Build week?

wpbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB
Ford emailed me Thursday March 3rd that it was shipped but palsapp shipping tracker says destination null and status as pending. I assume its still siting in Dearborn.
Sponsored

Erlo22

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Business analyst
Anyone's truck heading to Texas? My eta to dealer in the central Texas area is 24th-30th.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Ford emailed me Thursday March 3rd that it was shipped but palsapp shipping tracker says destination null and status as pending. I assume its still siting in Dearborn.
Similar story for me. Built on March 1st and supposedly shipped. My dealer says the visibility report shows delivery between 3/12 & 3/18. Palsapp shows the same thing you described. Hopefully it’s soon on its way.

Tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 tremor
Just got dealer confirmation today I am on chip hold. Built on March 1. Hope those chips come in soon. I am hearing KC is starting up again this week. Maybe a chip shipment is incoming?

Erlo22

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Business analyst
Just got dealer confirmation today I am on chip hold. Built on March 1. Hope those chips come in soon. I am hearing KC is starting up again this week. Maybe a chip shipment is incoming?
I wonder if internally there is a different chip set for Canada? My sales guy just sent me a screen shot of the latest update on my VVR and its in Salem, IL on a train. Mine was built March 2nd and shipped on the 4th.

Sponsored

Tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 tremor
It's possible the only thing I can think of would be we have mandated daytime running lights in Canada. Other than that it could be options differences between models? Or my original blend was 2/7 maybe it has been waiting since then and dealer has no new updates since being put on hold and its on a train right now? Who knows? I saw another forum member with exact same truck same build date and his was shipped.

Deleted member 10283

I don't know if there is a difference in chips for Canada. I can't see that being the case.

My guess is some of it comes down to timing. If you're truck is on the assembly line and chips are available, they get put in those trucks first - with trucks already built and driven off the line waiting for chips get put on hold.

Logic would dictate a first in, first out production mentality but it doesn't appear as though Ford subscribes to that theory.

In my case, my XLT went into production on Feb. 3rd. I now have a delivery ETA of Mar. 5-11. Meanwhile, another Canadian order went into production early last week and was delivered to the dealer last Friday - 3 days from build to delivery.

Tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 tremor
Yeah if I had to guess it's luck of the draw for sure. Must be a logistical nightmare to pull trucks back into the line. Or maybe a separate area to retrofit.

Sean80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor (on order)
My truck is in Toronto. Tremorman, is yours a 402a? I would imagine all the fully loaded truck would require more chips. Mine is a 401a with very few options.

Edit:
Sorry I see yours is also a 401a from the other thread.

Erlo22

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Business analyst
You would think they would use the same chips. At least for the big computer company I work for has different chip sets for different regions, even if it's the same spec and config. Its not on all models they make but I've seen it. That is the only reason why I threw it out there.

Sponsored

Tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 tremor
Yeah I am 401a no crazy options either. I did the auto start stop delete as well. Only options I have are storage box, and the B&O sound system. Maybe the B&O is the issue?

Sean80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor (on order)
Yeah I am 401a no crazy options either. I did the auto start stop delete as well. Only options I have are storage box, and the B&O sound system. Maybe the B&O is the issue?
Might be the storage box. Mine has b&o and torsen diff.

MisterSig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escape Titanium AWD, 2022 F-150 Tremor 401a
I have quite a few options on my 401a Tremor and it's on chip hold currently. Very frustrating buying experience.

Ja1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Bum
Which options? I've heard spray-in bed liners will delay it.
Spray in bed liner and wheel liners are not what is slowing down just got both done on mine and is in transit
Sponsored