Sponsored

Any dealer installed options I should consider?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I just found out I can get my truck on 3/14 or shortly after (Not a custom order, but the dealership requested to use it for a festival before I bought it and I agreed).

I am likely to get the spray in bed liner*, but is there anything else I should consider having them do?

I was thinking of a ceramic paint protection, but not even sure my dealship does it.

I'm thinking about wheel liners, but I really like the Husky ones I put on my '17 and I've never had an isssue. Another benefit is they are cheaper.

*I would consider doing these aftermarket, but I'm at least an hour away if not more from places that will do Line-X.
Sponsored

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
My dealership had the bed liner, ceramic paint coating and upholstery treatment done upon arrival. Also, they installed the hood deflector. Already came with the factory wheel well liners. All worth it IMHO. Good luck!

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thanks! I'll check if mine will do them I didn't think about the deflector. I want one. I never put one on my '17 and regret it.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
If not leather, Katkin kit?

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
If not leather, Katkin kit?
Lariat so it has leather. It's pretty well loaded up, but wasn't sure if there is anything I'm missing. If it didn't have leather that would be a great choice. So much easier to keep clean with the kids if you ask me over cloth.

Sponsored

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I had a Xpell (3M competitor) installed on my truck for paint protection, def recommend it if you want your paint to look the same. Installed on both A and B pillars hood, door jams, door edges, basicallly, wherever frequent chips occur.
I also had them buff the pillars as from Ford, they were surface scratched to $h!t and was not acceptable for new. They look great now and will forever.

I would suggest from factory the dash camera. I am looking now for one and wish it was just installed already.

I bought mats from 3rd party, the ones from Ford are better fitted from my research.
Last I would say windsheild coating. Mine is pited and I forgot to have this addressed. They are tiny pits and no one would see them except for me, but I still see them!

Thats all I can think off! Enjoy!

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I had a Xpell (3M competitor) installed on my truck for paint protection, def recommend it if you want your paint to look the same. Installed on both A and B pillars hood, door jams, door edges, basicallly, wherever frequent chips occur.
I also had them buff the pillars as from Ford, they were surface scratched to $h!t and was not acceptable for new. They look great now and will forever.

I would suggest from factory the dash camera. I am looking now for one and wish it was just installed already.

I bought mats from 3rd party, the ones from Ford are better fitted from my research.
Last I would say windsheild coating. Mine is pited and I forgot to have this addressed. They are tiny pits and no one would see them except for me, but I still see them!

Thats all I can think off! Enjoy!
Thanks for the suggestions. I should considerr the Xpell/3M stuff (I assume this is the clear "bra"). My only issue is that here in FL the sun kills that stuff and after a bit it starts to crack and yellow (at least the stuff previous cars did). I understand it is likely something I would have to have re-applied from time to time.

One thing I've always wondered about was the tailgate. My '17 was my first truck and I noticed that dirt would just embed ito the paint. It wouldn't necessarily chip, but since it was a white truck, you could see every little piece of embedded dirt. I tried wax and that didn't help much. Clay barring would remove it, but I was hesitant to use that on a regular basis.

I dind't now ther was a dash camera from the factory I'll have to look into that. Is that something you have to order or is that dealer installed? My truck was ordered by the dealership and I'm buying it off the lot (Apparently no one wants to look at it, which is crazy to me because it's F'n Beautiful!).

As for the mats, I have the weathertech x-act floor liners from my '17 which should still fit so I"m just moving those over. My only concern is the rear fold down storage under the seat, but I think I'm just gonna remove it and let my current floor mat cover where it was (and the holes in the carpet). I'll keep it in storage until I trade or sell it and I"ll put it back in.

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The 3M/Xpell should come with a no fade/disclour warranty for 10 years or something. It'd be worth looking into.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
My dealership had the bed liner, ceramic paint coating and upholstery treatment done upon arrival. Also, they installed the hood deflector. Already came with the factory wheel well liners. All worth it IMHO. Good luck!
Oh more dealers profit items so they can stick that little addendum sticker right next to the Ford Factory window sticker. We had our local Toyota dealer bought by a mega-dealership corporation. They do the same thing. Our new Sienna was bought from a dealership farther away, but didn't have to negotiate from the Addendum Price. All those items are great but a dealerships ceramic coating is definitely not the same as a shop that specializes in it. Even on new vehicles, paint needs correction, clay bar included and only then does a high quality ceramic applied and let cure for a set time. Oh that darn addendum. Don't forget you'll get Ford Points after 60-90 days and can use them for Ford Parts as well.
Sponsored