AM/FM Stereo with SiriusXM® + 360L

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I have had SiriusXM since around 2003 and my contract with them on my other car ends in March 2022. It was the bees knees in my opinion when it first came out and and I still like it better than AM/FM, but not at the price they want because there are even better options now (Android Auto/Apple Car Play), especially for music/maps/traffic. After my contract is up I do not intend to renew SiriusXM. I have a hard time justifying keeping it these days.

So what would I recommend if you like listening to music? Well, recently I started using the paid subscription to Spotify for about $10 per month. In combination with Android Auto, Spotify rounds circles around SiriusXM. I can have it play any song I want at anytime without commercials (absolutely no bs talk in between songs either) and I can pause it and rewind/forward....etc. The songs are also downloaded on my phone as part of that $10 per month price so I do not need a connection to the internet to play songs from Spotify/Android Auto.

For those that do not want to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play and can get a deal for $5 or $6 a month, it may be worth getting SiriusXM, but I wouldn't pay more than that. In addition, there is nothing wrong with the free route either. Free AM/FM Radio has come a long ways too with HD Radio - The free route just has lots of commercials, but the F150 probably has the best AM/FM antenna out there for pulling in signals.
Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Just to make sure, you don’t pay more than ~$5 per month for SiriusXM, right?
My SiriusXM $5/mo subscription just expired. The best rate they offered was +\-$8/mo all in with taxes ($92-$94 annually). I Captain-Googled the best rate, and it appears they’ve cancelled the $5/mo rate. The $8/mo is the best new rate.

I would love to give you a review of the service in my new F-150 that I ordered June 08, but, oh yeah, it’s not been delivered yet. I’m sure it will sound great - once I’m in it.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
My SiriusXM $5/mo subscription just expired. The best rate they offered was +\-$8/mo all in with taxes ($92-$94 annually). I Captain-Googled the best rate, and it appears they’ve cancelled the $5/mo rate. The $8/mo is the best new rate.

I would love to give you a review of the service in my new F-150 that I ordered June 08, but, oh yeah, it’s not been delivered yet. I’m sure it will sound great - once I’m in it.
Oh, that’s a bummer, thanks for the intel. I may switch over to Spotify when my renewal is up at the end of December. I like SiriusXM, but they do tend to cycle their songs too much.

I hope your new truck gets here soon!

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

When my year's subscription is up, I will be dropping Sirius/XM. There basically 2 main channels I wanted to listen to. 50's on 5 and 60's on 6. They gave been removed so I'm no longer interested.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
When my year's subscription is up, I will be dropping Sirius/XM. There basically 2 main channels I wanted to listen to. 50's on 5 and 60's on 6. They gave been removed so I'm no longer interested.
FWIW - I think SiriusXM moved the 50’s on 5 and 60’s on 6 channels to channels 72 and 73. They renamed them ‘50’s Gold and ‘60’s Gold.

I listened to 60’s on 6, but it’s now on channel 73.
Sponsored