Tuffram1996

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor

Deleted member 17130

I recommend GearHead if for the 3.5L Ecoboost 21+. I spent 2 months helping Matt develop the tuning they just released. We went through about 35 to 40 revisions to get what i think is an amazing tune. We spent an extensive amount of time just getting the transmission tuning corrected from stock. I had multiple 5 star tunes for the same truck and the Gearhead tune I helped develop blows them away. I am very particular about the way my vehicles drive. If you decide to purchase a tune from GH please let them know Justin sent you there. I don’t get any kickback from them other than i got my tuning done for the cost of doing most of the testing for them. This tune is very refined and i put several thousand miles on it before we decided it was ready to be released to the public.
The transmission shifting is definitely inconsistent and something left much to be desired. The torque converter shudder in either 3 to 4 or 4 to 5th. Can't tell tbh is very annoying too. It seems very much software related as it doesn't seem to do it everytime. Most notably, it seems to have these issues when going into Sport for a day or two then going back to normal. Why have shift modes if the transmission needs to learn your behavior? Seems stupid. I'd rather they kept it like vehicles past...normal or sport and the only difference is the mechanical transmission just didn't shift as soon.