22 F-150 Baja Designs Fog light swap out review / read before buying

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost BAP
Hey everyone - mods continue for my hunting rig. I wanted to share this update for anyone who is looking to have the "2021-2023 F150 with OEM DRL Baja Designs Amber SAE & Squadron Pro LED For Bucket Light Kit 447868" installed on their vehicle or any of the similar packages.

This kit deletes the fog and replaces it with a raptor esque harness. If you have upfitter switches it will connect directly to those, if not the SAE (street legal) light connects to your fogs and the Pro light connects to a dash switch. Mine is installed next to my fog switch down below with an aftermarket flip.

I will start off by saying this kit is amazing and illuminates the road like you wouldn't believe. I travel on a lot of back roads or empty Montana highways to get the cabin.

The SAE lights provide fantastic lighting into the ditch and when turning, while the Pro lights illuminate everything as they have a driver combo lens.

My trusted local mod shop did the install in about 2 hours and reported it being fairly straight forward. I have the Powerboost Platinum which did not cause any issues.

A few notes and a warning:
  • When connected directly to the fog light, my Platinum automatically activates the fog when you signal or when you turn (cornering lights). With a yellow light this can be very annoying and to the outside eye look like a glitch. It drove me crazy enough I spent $200 bucks to have the shop switch out my Amber FOG SAE light for a clear fog SAE. They had to contact BAJA directly. You can disable this with FORSCAN but I prefer having the white forward facing fogs as to attract less attention. Message me with any questions on this - I have the FORSCAN codes and happy to discuss further.
  • Pay the extra $100 and get the PRO lights. I have the standard BAJA lights on my 4Runner, and the extra light from the Pro's is incredible.
  • The SAE unit is street legal and doesn't blind you. As mentioned above I went with white, to remain a bit more incognito.
  • Make sure that the SAE unit is plugged into the fog harness and not the new wiring.
  • Activate BAMBI mode in FORSCAN. This will let you run your fogs + High beams for a powerful driving set up, and with the auto high beam any oncoming traffic will not be blinded.

Overall this kit I highly recommend, Stage3 has the best pricing, and the product is well built. I prefer these to other brands and have had great luck with Baja products especially their new Pros. I was going to install some A Pillar lights but there would be almost no point with how powerful these are.

Stage 3 Link

Ford F-150 22 F-150 Baja Designs Fog light swap out review / read before buying IMG_1890
Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Just waiting for Black Friday pricing and I’ll pick this up!

I need to finish my upfitter switch installation too. Lots of projects once the snow starts flying and I stay indoors more.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
I had these on my 21 SCrew (RIP) and can confirm they are bright as shit. Definitely helped when driving the mountain roads of Big Bend or the back country roads deep in South Texas. I'll eventually add them to my 23.
Sponsored