FX4Lariat274

FX4Lariat274

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport FX4 Avalance
Your "new vibration" could be the "Transmission shudder". This one is a fairly common problem and seems to be difficult to resolve. I know it is not totally resolved on mine...

Here is one of several threads on the issue:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/transmission-shudder.2312/

I don't think this is it but maybe. It almost feels like when the ABS engages when you slam on the brakes but it's in the accelerator pedal, brake pedal and steering wheel. The transmission shifts fine when you press on the gas but it vibrates the entire time you accelerate.
Sponsored

dbtgt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A, 2024 F150 501A on order
Occupation
Retired
I don't think this is it but maybe. It almost feels like when the ABS engages when you slam on the brakes but it's in the accelerator pedal, brake pedal and steering wheel. The transmission shifts fine when you press on the gas but it vibrates the entire time you accelerate.
This is exactly what my truck does. It shudders at 65 to 85 mph (or higher) under load when accelerating on the highway. Doing so into the wind makes it worse. I have concluded that it is likely not a transmission issue (at least with my truck) but that is what the title is of the thread that alot of this issue is discussed. A 36,700 miles, it's still a mystery in my case...

OP
OP
FX4Lariat274

FX4Lariat274

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I dropped the truck back off at the dealer last night. My service writer says he thinks its the tires. I thought they had done the tires already but he said the engineers came out and did a balance and rotate with the VCMM tool taking measurements. He said that he thought it was tires from the beginning (which was my thought also) but that Ford is refusing to put tires on.

They have several other trucks built around the same time as mine, he says, that have a similar issue and tires has fixed others.

I'm at a loss. Seems like tires is an easy fix and its a lot cheaper than having to buyback a truck.

OP
OP
FX4Lariat274

FX4Lariat274

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got my truck back Thursday. They put my wheels back on with new Goodyear tires rather than the Pirellis. I drove it 500 miles on a trip and the vibration is back. It seems to be coming from the rear again. They did a "Wheel roll out" saturday and they show that the wheels are not out of round. Its odd that the STX 20" wheels they put on their to check did not have a vibration but my Lariat Sport 20" wheels vibrate and they are not out of round. They just mounted and balanced them Thursday.

Still have not heard back about what the next steps are and my case manger at Ford has been silent since the engineers left on the 7th.

Traildozer

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 2022 Tremor on order
Occupation
automotive prototype stamping
yep my 2023 xlt 5.0 has this now too, thought it was tires so tried/3 different sets. Mine is at high speeds (79-83mph) 6200 miles.. It comes and goes (there on acceleration) but definitely in the floor/seats.. vibration not a shake like tires... hopefully trans can be reprogramed and it fixes it.
Sponsored