• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 invites sent email.

LabradorDad

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Firefighter
Did everyone get this email? I haven’t received it and when I go to my reservation it says my local dealer will contact me for ordering.

When I go to the dealership the owner told me he is only getting 2 allocated and he is choosing who gets them.

Just curious if anyone else is in a limbo waiting to hear either way.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Check your spam / junk mail box....

Yes, received email from Ford last Friday about no more 2022 MY Lightnings.

On the Ford reservation screen - nothing has changed - $100 still paid for and still waiting to receive invite.

I placed a Mustang Mach E order when I got that email from Ford.
At least this MME EV will be delivered by end of summer....

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Check your spam / junk mail box....

Yes, received email from Ford last Friday about no more 2022 MY Lightnings.

On the Ford reservation screen - nothing has changed - $100 still paid for and still waiting to receive invite.

I placed a Mustang Mach E order when I got that email from Ford.
At least this MME EV will be delivered by end of summer....
50/50. Or maybe in the Fall.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When I go to the dealership the owner told me he is only getting 2 allocated and he is choosing who gets them.
That's interesting. I don't think that was supposed to be possible. Ford is supposed to send email invites. I didn't think dealers had any say in that process beyond the initial prioritization fiasco in December.

kscoleman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge 2021 MachE
My dealer just told me something similar, they are only getting 3 my22's. I was sent an invite to order from ford so I did. Now it says waiting to be accepted by the dealer? Can they deny an order that was sent an invite from Ford?

Sounds like I may need to call Ford.

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer just told me something similar, they are only getting 3 my22's. I was sent an invite to order from ford so I did. Now it says waiting to be accepted by the dealer? Can they deny an order that was sent an invite from Ford?

Interesting. If the dealer wants to skip you and have another customer place an order instead, that certainly warrants a call to Ford.

This reservation and ordering process just gets crappier and crappier as time passes.

Deleted member 9341

I think many people, myself included, need to call dealer to remind them to accept the order. It surprising they didn’t do that if they know you submitted. I would 100% call ford directly on that one.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I called Ford this am to switch to a dealer that charges MSRP, placed the order and the dealer declined it. Called Ford back to switch to another dealer and the message still says Sorry to hit the brakes, the new dealer is not taking anymore order. Emailed the dealer and waiting for a response

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
That's interesting. I don't think that was supposed to be possible. Ford is supposed to send email invites. I didn't think dealers had any say in that process beyond the initial prioritization fiasco in December.
there's a lot of these case from dealerships that were sold or changed hands mid process. If the dealer you reserved at was sold they have to manually invite you, they still get your info and what wave you are on their end, but they need to manually send the invites. I work at a dealer that actually was sold late last year. I was wave 3, even though i was first in reservations and priority list. Even with that they still needed to send the manual invite and had to be built in store.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
there's a lot of these case from dealerships that were sold or changed hands mid process. If the dealer you reserved at was sold they have to manually invite you, they still get your info and what wave you are on their end, but they need to manually send the invites. I work at a dealer that actually was sold late last year. I was wave 3, even though i was first in reservations and priority list. Even with that they still needed to send the manual invite and had to be built in store.
My dealer was sold at the end of the year. I received my invite directly from Ford on Jan 6, but had to order through the dealership in person. I do not know what happened in Waves 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

My dealer was playing dumb, 5 days of circle-jerk emails back and forth, took 6 days before someone clicked the ACCEPT order button, ironically they did this 10 minutes before my scheduled sit down meeting with that sales manager and general manger at the dealership.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
That makes sense I suppose, and while that shouldn't be a big deal most of the time, this apparently gives dealerships a chance to screw people over by not allowing them to submit an order when it's their turn, thus giving somebody else farther down the list a chance to order.

@LabradorDad's dealer seems to be a little sketchy.

Damienfink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GMC Canyon Denali
I didn't get the Dear John email from Ford either and I checked every email folder. I checked in with my dealer today and he said no way for a 2022 (#6 on their list, early AM 5/20 reservation). I was holding out hope that the would be some cleanup reservations for a Lariat (either battery) before the end of March but that didn't sound like it's happening.

@LabradorDad, good luck by it seems as if Ford didn't even give some of us the courtesy of a letter. Makes the decision to order a Sierra that much easier though...
Sponsored