First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have been reading threads concerning installing satellite radio and I would like to install one into my 22 F150 that had it deleted from the build by Ford. I have the correct antenna to change out and I understand about the cable that needs to be purchased to go from the radio unit to the plug behind the glove box. I realize that when I get the dash open that if the radio is not Sirius ready, I will have to change out that unit. However, if it is satellite ready, what else will I have to do to get this unit operational. I have Sirius in my other vehicles, so adding to my account will not be a problem, but is there some programming that needs to be done or is it pretty much plug and play? I am very mechanical minded but very deficient in IT issues. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me. It sounds like many of you have been thru it all.....
Sponsored

gregs150xlt

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 XLT
HUH? you're going to change out the entire head unit just so you can have Sirius?

Just stream Sirius on your smartphone with the app. What you posted seems senseless.

OP
OP

Chief1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
HUH? you're going to change out the entire head unit just so you can have Sirius?

Just stream Sirius on your smartphone with the app. What you posted seems senseless.

It may seam senseless, but I have had factory installed Sirius in all my vehicles since 2007 and love the convenience of having it. I am tired of having to use my smartphone to listen to satellite radio and just want a factory type installation.......And you are correct, I am senseless!

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
I have been reading threads concerning installing satellite radio and I would like to install one into my 22 F150 that had it deleted from the build by Ford. I have the correct antenna to change out and I understand about the cable that needs to be purchased to go from the radio unit to the plug behind the glove box. I realize that when I get the dash open that if the radio is not Sirius ready, I will have to change out that unit. However, if it is satellite ready, what else will I have to do to get this unit operational. I have Sirius in my other vehicles, so adding to my account will not be a problem, but is there some programming that needs to be done or is it pretty much plug and play? I am very mechanical minded but very deficient in IT issues. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me. It sounds like many of you have been thru it all.....
If this doesn’t answer all your questions then you have encountered something we have not yet come across and posting here will.be very beneficial to others.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/my22-adding-siriusxm.14798/

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT

Yes some of us do like having XM built in, start truck and if the stereo is on no need to fiddle with the apps on your phone. If you had XM tuned in, you pull up to a store park, turn off truck , go inside, get in truck and start it you are right where you left off, just as if you were tuned into FM.

Also in my area we have a lot of no cell service areas. XM won’t play through your phone without cell service, but Sat XM will.

There are advantages and disadvantages doing it both ways.

Most trucks with Nav/XM delete actually have an XM head unit (ACM) The issue was not a shortage of head units but Nav units( APIM).

Sponsored

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
I have an ACM sitting on a shelf if you need one.

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 XLT Satellite Radio Addition 1688835068771

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 XLT Satellite Radio Addition 1688835084128

OP
OP

Chief1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have an ACM sitting on a shelf if you need one.

1688835068771.png

1688835084128.png
Thanks a million! I will keep that in mind when I find out if I need one or not.......
Sponsored