First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Anyone got the forscan change to increase max charge to 90%?
Message Jesse-Infotaiment. He can help you.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Anyone got the forscan change to increase max charge to 90%?

Can this be done on all trucks, not just the PB?
Yes, Under BCM - Battery target charge level. The default is 80% just update this to 90% or 95% and write the change. 90% is fine for most and will charge the battery to 12.75v.

Last edited:

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I had that problem last fall just before Thanksgiving... So I bought a new battery from NAPA since I had important family travel in the offing. Then I purchased an AGM battery charger. On return home I put the new battery on charge. It took some 12 hours at the 2 amp rate. I have found that regular flooded cell batteries need a new battery equalizing charge at a low rate. This is similar to a new installation charge done to the very large submarine main storage batteries. So I did just that. Later I put the original OEM battery on that kind of charge and it similarly took some 10 hours at 2 amps and it tested fine at the dealers. I have since had no issues with the replacement battery. In my experience such a new battery, low rate charge is good for the battery. Note that not just any battery charger can be used, get one that specifically says its for AGM Batteries.
Sponsored