04/22/2024 - Build Week

caposeidon

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat
After seeing a number of positive updates for the later build weeks and @caposeidon i was wearing our the refresh button. If I was looking for concert tickets I probably would have been identified as a bot.

Contacted Ford Chat and was given an update of estimated delivery in the past. I then contacted Marketing and was somehow given the same information and was transferred to a different marketing team (Johnathan was very helpful). He ultimately told me that the hold has cleared and been released to the shipper, pending shipment.

So I will be looking to see the tracker update soon. But for now I am stepping back from the ledge.
That's great news. The tracker seems to be at least 1 day behind, sometimes 2 at least when it comes to flagging it as Built.

Still no updates on shipping from Ford but I figure the holiday weekend probably messes that up a bit so back to smashing that refresh button while browsing stuff to buy for the truck in the other browser tab.

All the details below in my signature.
Sponsored

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
After seeing a number of positive updates for the later build weeks and @caposeidon i was wearing our the refresh button. If I was looking for concert tickets I probably would have been identified as a bot.

Contacted Ford Chat and was given an update of estimated delivery in the past. I then contacted Marketing and was somehow given the same information and was transferred to a different marketing team (Johnathan was very helpful). He ultimately told me that the hold has cleared and been released to the shipper, pending shipment.

So I will be looking to see the tracker update soon. But for now I am stepping back from the ledge.
Saw this post and decided I'd try to call marketing once before the weekend, ended up getting Jonathon as well.... but no luck for me. Still on hold.

OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat 502A BAP PB - In Production
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Saw this post and decided I'd try to call marketing once before the weekend, ended up getting Jonathon as well.... but no luck for me. Still on hold.
It was worth a shot. I did send Chip a note looking to confirm what I was told. Hope that yours gets some movement soon!

OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Well it looks like someone is moving my truck. They authorized the Ford Pass pop up and now I am able to see where it is, even if the tracker is still not updating!

Ford F-150 04/22/2024 - Build Week 1716643618390-h1

Yes some of the complimentary trials have started, but I am okay with that.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
Well it looks like someone is moving my truck. They authorized the Ford Pass pop up and now I am able to see where it is, even if the tracker is still not updating!

1716643618390-h1.png

Yes some of the complimentary trials have started, but I am okay with that.
Hit the train yet or still sitting in Dearborn?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Hit the train yet or still sitting in Dearborn?
It looks like it’s in the train yard right now.

22400 Vreeland Rd
Trenton, MI

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
It looks like it’s in the train yard right now.

22400 Vreeland Rd
Trenton, MI
Very cool, congrats! Any tricks to share to get it to activate? Never have been able to get mine to pending. Just says try again after delivery.

OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Very cool, congrats! Any tricks to share to get it to activate? Never have been able to get mine to pending. Just says try again after delivery.
It took about 3 weeks before someone hit the button to permit. I guess I just got lucky.

caposeidon

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat
This morning went and checked the tracker and I am back to showing "Order Confirmed"

For most this seems to have been a good sign and an indicator and happen a day or so before showing up as Shipped... we shall see.

Ford F-150 04/22/2024 - Build Week 1716726246072-6s

caposeidon

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat
I am a day late here but received an email that my truck had in fact shipped yesterday (5/27 - Memorial Day). The tracker says it was shipped two days earlier on 5/25. Tracker Estimated Delivery 6/5-6/18. Ford Chat says delivery by 6/14.

Ford F-150 04/22/2024 - Build Week 1716911395064-m6

Sponsored

OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Looks like I’ve rolled back to order confirmed! Looking forward to seeing the shipment progression!

Ford F-150 04/22/2024 - Build Week IMG_2640

caposeidon

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lariat
Looks like I’ve rolled back to order confirmed! Looking forward to seeing the shipment progression!

IMG_2640.png
Awesome! This is definitely a good sign but I am super confused by whatever code Ford has written that makes this happen right before shipping... I know they are a car company but you can easily outsource this stuff and make it a lot less terrible than it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SGriff71

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Project Manager
L

Awesome! This is definitely a good sign but I am super confused by whatever code Ford has written that makes this happen right before shipping... I know they are a car company but you can easily outsource this stuff and make it a lot less terrible than it is.
There are methods to incorporate so many different tools that would make this process so much less painful.
Sponsored