Sponsored

02/13/2023 - Build Week

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
Yes, I was able to activate it and the app started showing me the truck info and all.
That's interesting. It requires someone in the truck to accept the activation request. Can you see where the truck is located?

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
That's interesting. It requires someone in the truck to accept the activation request. Can you see where the truck is located?
I used to be able to see the location of the truck, but now that seems to be disabled.

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
I tried to activate mine and it has gone further than before but it sounds like it has to be accepted in the truck in order for it to work.

cmaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
How are all your trucks moving so fast? Mine is still in production 🤣

Sponsored

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
How are all your trucks moving so fast? Mine is still in production 🤣
It is interesting to see the timeline that everyone is having with their orders. Some parts are fast others are slower than death. I am not sure how accurate Ford's trackers are. At time they seem right on and then others not even close. Plain and simple, nothing is fast in this process. I just really hope these things are worth the wait.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
It is interesting to see the timeline that everyone is having with their orders. Some parts are fast others are slower than death. I am not sure how accurate Ford's trackers are. At time they seem right on and then others not even close. Plain and simple, nothing is fast in this process. I just really hope these things are worth the wait.
It's worth it. Just my opinion, but this will be my second Gen 14. I had a '21 Lariat 502 PB that, long story short, I ended up selling back in August. I've regretted every moment since. So I ordered another, this time a Platinum. But my Lariat was awesome to drive. I miss it.

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
I just really question QC on these trucks. It seems like you get a good one or you get a pile.

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
It's worth it. Just my opinion, but this will be my second Gen 14. I had a '21 Lariat 502 PB that, long story short, I ended up selling back in August. I've regretted every moment since. So I ordered another, this time a Platinum. But my Lariat was awesome to drive. I miss it.
You had Ford buy your track back because there were enough problems to do so and you bought another one? Wow, it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to convince me to get another one.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
You had Ford buy your track back because there were enough problems to do so and you bought another one? Wow, it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to convince me to get another one.
No, that didn't come across right. I didn't sell it back to Ford. I sold it "back in August" to someone else. And I've missed it since. Bad move on my part, but the new one is inbound! I hope it's as awesome as the last one.

Sponsored

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
No, that didn't come across right. I didn't sell it back to Ford. I sold it "back in August" to someone else. And I've missed it since. Bad move on my part, but the new one is inbound! I hope it's as awesome as the last one.
That makes more sense. What made you go to the Platinum over the Lariat? I had looked at the Platinum but was able to get just about all the features on the Lariat like the power running boards for my wife. I really did not like the Platinum badge on the tail gate. It was ok in the BAP, but man it is huge.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
That makes more sense. What made you go to the Platinum over the Lariat? I had looked at the Platinum but was able to get just about all the features on the Lariat like the power running boards for my wife. I really did not like the Platinum badge on the tail gate. It was ok in the BAP, but man it is huge.
It is a huge badge, agreed.

I was pricing out the Lariat I wanted, and saw it was really only about $1,500 more to step up to the Platinum. I like the Platinum interior just a bit more, and the power running boards were included, so it seemed like a reasonable move up, even with the unfortunate option deletes.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
I did the same thing with my King Ranch. A loaded 502A was the same price as a 600A and the King Ranch comes with the step bars included plus I love the java interior, the caribou wheels, and the grille.

Hoping for that shipping email this week! Seems like it's gotta be any day now since others built this week have been moving out.

OP
OP
Bill_R

Bill_R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-250 Lariat; 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Contracting Officer
I did the same thing with my King Ranch. A loaded 502A was the same price as a 600A and the King Ranch comes with the step bars included plus I love the java interior, the caribou wheels, and the grille.

Hoping for that shipping email this week! Seems like it's gotta be any day now since others built this week have been moving out.
I would have liked to have the King Ranch tailgate applique but didn't want all the chrome that came with it so I will settle for the small KR badge.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get the propower. I tried to switch over to a Super Duty last week but apparently the order banks where only open for about a month before they were sold out!

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
It is a huge badge, agreed.

I was pricing out the Lariat I wanted, and saw it was really only about $1,500 more to step up to the Platinum. I like the Platinum interior just a bit more, and the power running boards were included, so it seemed like a reasonable move up, even with the unfortunate option deletes.
The seats was the one thing that almost made me go Platinum. If there was one available to sit in, it might have change my mind. When i found out the power running boards are included with the BAP if you order them separately, which is strange i decoded to stay Lariat. It does suck not being able to see things first hand to figure out what you want.
Sponsored