Pro Access Tailgate

Jeff F

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Explorer,
My truck was ordered with a Pro Access Tailgate (PAT). It was "produced" on 1-3-24 and there's been no further movement. I've looked on line and can't find any recent information relative to the PAT availability. Is the PAT on hold due to supplier issues? I'm thinking that's what's holding my truck up. The dealer simply doesn't know.
Sponsored

Ruckus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Retired
My truck was ordered with a Pro Access Tailgate (PAT). It was "produced" on 1-3-24 and there's been no further movement. I've looked on line and can't find any recent information relative to the PAT availability. Is the PAT on hold due to supplier issues? I'm thinking that's what's holding my truck up. The dealer simply doesn't know.
I’m guessing Ford doesn’t even know, I’m also waiting for one and it’s crickets.

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat 502A BAP PB - In Production
Occupation
IT Project Manager
I do believe that the first production week to include PAT is this week (4/29). With your truck being produced in January you are probably hindered by the mysterious quality control hold and is sitting at Michigan speedway.

Also being produced in January it is doubtful that you have the Pro Access Tailgate. Might want to check with your dealer.

Matisse70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150, 2012 Focus, 2017 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my 2024 F150 back in early November 2023. I ordered the PAT and I haven't even heard when my truck will be built. Your situation sounds odd since Job 2 did not start until late February 2024, and that was when the PAT were to start planning for production.

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Ordered mid-Sep 2023, did not accept/opt-for the PAT delete, just got my window sticker today. Truck's status shows, "In Production" (expected & necessary to receive the sticker), with a projected assembly next week.

Thus, I don't expect to take delivery of a PAT-included F-150 until Memorial Day.
Sponsored