Zone lighting and auto start/stop not working

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
Has anyone had problems using zone lighting from the FordPass app? Mine says to start the truck when I try to turn on the power from the app. My auto start/stop also does not work. The cluster always says “Engine on due to vehicle charging”. I drive a minimum of 40 miles per day and my dealer says that the battery is fine. They reset the battery monitor in the PCM and it made the system function properly for 1 day. Could battery state of charge be the problem with both things? Ford….please help!
Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has anyone had problems using zone lighting from the FordPass app? Mine says to start the truck when I try to turn on the power from the app. My auto start/stop also does not work. The cluster always says “Engine on due to vehicle charging”. I drive a minimum of 40 miles per day and my dealer says that the battery is fine. They reset the battery monitor in the PCM and it made the system function properly for 1 day. Could battery state of charge be the problem with both things? Ford….please help!
Following, I have the same exact issues!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Battery is bad. 100% it will test fine start fine but is bad. Had the same issue replaced the battery myself because the battery tested fine.
Auto start stop works all the time now perfectly

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I also believe you have a bad battery. In my powerboost zone lighting, interior lighting, and approach features wouldn’t work. Dealer replaced my battery. I have read numerous posts regarding a bad battery disabling auto start/stop.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Battery is bad. 100% it will test fine start fine but is bad. Had the same issue replaced the battery myself because the battery tested fine.
Auto start stop works all the time now perfectly
same for me!

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
So here's an update to this concern after my dealer told me that my battery tested fine and reset the battery monitor in the PCM:
  • Auto start/stop stopped working 2 days after the service visit at the dealer
  • I tested for a draw & charged my batter back in March, over the air updates went through after re-connecting the battery
  • I tried to check the version installed of the most recent OTA update and found a blank version info screen
  • I called Ford, talked to an agent with the OTA update team & they said I had updates available. They tried to send they update with me on the phone and they would not install
  • The next day, I disconnected the battery & fully charged it
  • Auto start/stop started working again
  • 2 days later, OTA updates installed & auto start/stop have been working ever since (been two weeks at the time of this posting)
I think the update that was installed prior to me disconnecting the battery the last time never completed and was continuously trying to finish installing. This caused the battery to discharge when the truck was parked over night. Disconnecting the battery killed the installation process and eliminating the battery drain. Killing the unsuccessful installation allowed the most recent OTA update to install and now when I check for updates, the screen says that I have the most recent version vs the blank screen I had before.
Sponsored