Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
So, since it has now been over 30 days since I bought my truck and the 42,000 points still haven't showed up, I initiated a live chat this morning with a Ford guide via the FordPass app. He told me that my modem had not been activated until February 24th (which was the date of my last live chat when another guide assured me that everything was activated and all other terms and conditions had been met). He then told me that it could take up to 30 days from the 24th for my points to show up. I am beginning to think that each guide I have either spoken with or chatted with is just kicking the can down the road.
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
So if I’m understanding right, I can register for an account now even though I just ordered my truck, and when it is actually purchased I will get the points? How does it get attached to the account I created?
You add your new truck to the app by VIN.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
James, a couple of answers

1. Yes you can create a FordPass account now
2. Once you get your VIN # you can add it to FordPass
3. Once your vehicle is delivered @ dealership - you can activate/sync FordPass with your Truck
4. Once you sign and the deal is completed you will get your FordPass points.

* I don't know the average time - some here on the forum has gotten their's in a couple of days or so.

* Hope this helps

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0

3. Once your vehicle is delivered @ dealership - you can activate/sync FordPass with your Truck

* I don't know the average time - some here on the forum has gotten their's in a couple of days or so.

* Hope this helps
Thank you for the info.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thanks a million for posting. I just got truck last week. I'm getting error when I try to activate truck. I've tried removing and uninstalling app, removing truck and adding it again, resetting sync 4 system.... Ughhh.

Screenshot_20210301-115139_FordPass.jpg

20210224_124830.jpg
Have the dealer set it up if your having issues. I was able to add mine before I even received it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

* Hope this helps
Exactly correct, Thanks James!

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Thanks a million for posting. I just got truck last week. I'm getting error when I try to activate truck. I've tried removing and uninstalling app, removing truck and adding it again, resetting sync 4 system.... Ughhh.

Screenshot_20210301-115139_FordPass.jpg

20210224_124830.jpg
Beautiful truck!
Based on the message you’ve got there, it’s possible someone else entered your vin and tried to access it? I would reach out to FordPass team and have them remove the other user and then try again. The other user cannot access your truck because it needs to be activated and authorized from the truck itself but I can see how if someone else tried it and never went through it can be holding you up. Maybe also try to locate it and recline it from the truck?

LUV2FORD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6'7" bed, loaded. 6" BDS Lift
Occupation
Engineer
Error message finally cleared and I was able to activate vehicle. I'm guessing someone else messed with the Fordpass app before I got truck which is hard to believe since it's special order and I picked it up the day after it arrived. I did find it odd there was an iPhone on Sync's phone list.

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Error message finally cleared and I was able to activate vehicle. I'm guessing someone else messed with the Fordpass app before I got truck which is hard to believe since it's special order and I picked it up the day after it arrived. I did find it odd there was an iPhone on Sync's phone list.
Same here, my points and everything applied a day or so after purchase but when setting the app up with the salesperson in the truck, there was another phone already paired with my Sync system. Deleted it right then and there. Didn't affect anything but we both found it strange.

Pwilliams23

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Lariat
Bought our 2021 Lariat one month ago. I do NOT see any points in my Ford Pass. Some of you are saying you got a lot for just buying the new truck. Should I call my dealership or Ford Pass to get mine?

Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
You say "our"--do you have more than one person in your household with the app? As I mentioned on the thread earlier, my points were on my wife's account.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bought our 2021 Lariat one month ago. I do NOT see any points in my Ford Pass. Some of you are saying you got a lot for just buying the new truck. Should I call my dealership or Ford Pass to get mine?
Yes!

KwitcherBitchin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agate Black XLT
The points are limited to what you can use them on. I believe it is service and Ford parts only, I don't think you can even spend them on accessories but not 100% on that one.

You could buy 100 oil filters and sell them on ebay. Lol

I wouldn't loose them for sure though.
Mine just showed up and no options for Accessories....Services only