Sponsored

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
Trying to figure out, you can use your points for service and they will redeem you some points but not sure if you by merchandise from Ford that they will give you points for that, or what's the best way to keep earning points besides the Ford Visa card.
They don't expire unless the account doesn't have activity in 365 consecutive days. I have points in my account going back to 8/2019....I think those might even be from a visit when I still had oil changes under my prepaid service plan. I got the Ford Visa card, hoping it would help land a PCO or other rebate. I've had the GM Card for years and at least twice a year I get a incentive just for having it. The Ford Visa also has some statement credits and other offers that make it worthwhile....I'm not planning on buying the prepaid service this time as will just use the 25K points I already have and the ones I'll get for maintenance. I saw something that the expiration might go away (above and beyond the COVID pause till 4/1/21), of course I can't find it now.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/faq.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I texted my salesman who called me back and suggested I use the FordPass app's "Call a guide" feature to speak with someone from FordPass. I called and was told that it can take up to 30 days for the FordPass Rewards points to show up. If they don't show up by then, she said I should call back for them to look into it further. I guess I'm just lucky.
Hummm, not sure I would rely on that. I forget how many weeks you have passed since you got your truck but you have nothing in writing about the conversation and you most certainly don't want to go past the drop dead date.

Are you sure you FordPass account is registered or did you just down load the app? I guess I'm asking does your truck show up in the app and you are able to remote start and see your truck information?

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Hummm, not sure I would rely on that. I forget how many weeks you have passed since you got your truck but you have nothing in writing about the conversation and you most certainly don't want to go past the drop dead date.

Are you sure you FordPass account is registered or did you just down load the app? I guess I'm asking does your truck show up in the app and you are able to remote start and see your truck information?
I have had a FordPass account for over two years and have had my 2015 F150 King Ranch on it. I added my 2021 F150 Platinum to it on January 30, 2021, the day after I bought it. Both trucks show up in the FordPass app, the connected services work, the truck info (range, fuel gauge, tire pressure, etc.), and remote start are all available.

I do have this documented in writing with my salesman, but you make a good point about needing documentation with FordPass. I will use their "Contact us" feature to inquire in writing about the points not showing up.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have had a FordPass account for over two years and have had my 2015 F150 King Ranch on it. I added my 2021 F150 Platinum to it on January 30, 2021, the day after I bought it. Both trucks show up in the FordPass app, the connected services work, the truck info (range, fuel gauge, tire pressure, etc.), and remote start are all available.

I do have this documented in writing with my salesman, but you make a good point about needing documentation with FordPass. I will use their "Contact us" feature to inquire in writing about the points not showing up.
I think you good since you have an active FordPass account which I didn't know. I would have hated to see anyone miss out on free money is all. :LOL:

Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I think you good since you have an active FordPass account which I didn't know. I would have hated to see anyone miss out on free money is all. :LOL:
Thanks! I just did a live chat with a FordPass representative. She confirmed that the truck's modem had been successfully activated and that the terms and conditions had been agreed to. She then said that the points can take up to 30 days to show up automatically, and that if they don't, they can assist with doing so manually after the 30 days are up.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Just ordered a few accessories using my points. NOCOGB70, matching case, charger and some bed accessories. All came in at $2 below my points balance so nothing out of pocket. Nice little give back from Ford.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just ordered a few accessories using my points. NOCOGB70, matching case, charger and some bed accessories. All came in at $2 below my points balance so nothing out of pocket. Nice little give back from Ford.
Great job! you are going to love the NOCO!

LUV2FORD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6'7" bed, loaded. 6" BDS Lift
Occupation
Engineer
Thought I should add this since we get so many points for purchasing a new truck.

For those that may not know (and I'm no expert), you can earn up to 42,000 points into your FordPass account, so open an account.

You need to download the app anyway to run a lot of your remote setting and such.

You can use the points toward servicing and parts. 42,000 points is a little over $200, so don't lose out on this.

There is a time limit of 365 days to use these points but there are ways that will restart the clock. So reading the frequently ask question in the FordPass app is worth it.
Thanks a million for posting. I just got truck last week. I'm getting error when I try to activate truck. I've tried removing and uninstalling app, removing truck and adding it again, resetting sync 4 system.... Ughhh.

Ford F-150 You can earn up to 42,000 FordPass points with 2021 F-150 purchase Screenshot_20210301-115139_FordPass

Ford F-150 You can earn up to 42,000 FordPass points with 2021 F-150 purchase 20210224_124830

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
I made an account prior to me purchasing my truck last Wednesday, but still have not received the 42,000 points.

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
So If I have had a Ford Pass account for a couple years, I don't get any credit for my new truck?? ?
It says anytime before purchase. But at least 60 days after purchase to qualify.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I texted my salesman who called me back and suggested I use the FordPass app's "Call a guide" feature to speak with someone from FordPass. I called and was told that it can take up to 30 days for the FordPass Rewards points to show up. If they don't show up by then, she said I should call back for them to look into it further. I guess I'm just lucky.
Im in the same boat!

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Curry Bob, add me to buyers who didn't know about the Rewards program - thank you! Also, another helpful thread for us Ford ownership newbies. Keep 'em coming!

Jack

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Yes, thanks for this @currybob. I didn't know about this until I read this thread, and then I noticed I hadn't gotten the points....ends up that my wife was with me when we got the truck and both installed the app. Despite me installing it first, the points got put on her account. It doesn't much matter, we can spend them the same either way, but for those of you that haven't gotten the points, check with anyone else in your household that may have linked your truck.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
So if I’m understanding right, I can register for an account now even though I just ordered my truck, and when it is actually purchased I will get the points? How does it get attached to the account I created?
Sponsored