Sponsored

XLT Regrets?

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
XLT for me, no question. ill take the extra 5000 and put it into the accessories i really want. the higher trim levels are nice but if i have more then i need in this truck. very pleased with the 302A package and i think from XLT up is just badges and bling

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Bill, you might find some of the post-intro videos and reviews to help sort out your preferred choice. E.g. there is a LED Lights thread that linked a demo on the projector LED headlights that might make a difference to you. (I don't do much night driving so it just scratched an itch for me). My Lariat is going in a larger garage but with a standard width door...AND I needed to order tow mirrors. So the power folding feature available on the Lariat was a convenience but an appreciated one. I live in Arizona. 'Nuff said about ventilated seats. And coming from an older Tahoe with a Auto 4-wheel transmission choice, I'd hate to give that up while driving up/down the Rockies and during the summer monsoon rains here. If you're following Tim Esterdahl's YT channel (Pickup Truck & SUV), a couple of his initial videos demo'ing his XLT High point out what a nice choice an XLT can be, as others above have mentioned. So your 'problem' is that you have two nice choices, each with its own reward (in $$ savings or advanced capabilities). Frankly, I was surprised that a 6-trim level model would bring so many features/options down as low as the 3rd (Lariat) level, so I found it a nice problem to have. ;)

Jack

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
I ordered an XLT FX4 Mid 301A loaded up with everything. RCSB V8 But Ford will not install the 302A package in the RCSB, only mid 301A . So I am missing push button start, leather seats, heated seats, and the large 12 inch screen. Darn!!!!!!
How much for push button start? possible to change out? Once you have push button start, it is hard to go back to the antiquated key. Cheers, Z

PS Retail is pushing $49K already on this one. These base prices on 2021 XLT start awfully high on the RCSB, nothing affordable at Ford anymore. haha

Garman19

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape Titanium, 2016 Fusion Titanium
I am waiting till spring for my F 150. My wallet tells me XLT w/302A, my brain wants Lariat w/auto 4 wheel drive, power folding mirrors, garage door opener, memory seats, mirrors and petals. Heated steering wheel, although it will park in a garage

• Haha
Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
The big difference to me is the 12" digital instrument cluster. I ordered the Lariat and after seeing it in person I am convince I could not live without it

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
The big difference to me is the 12" digital instrument cluster. I ordered the Lariat and after seeing it in person I am convince I could not live without it
The XLT w/302A also includes the 12".

Reactions: sbi

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
The XLT w/302A also includes the 12".
It has the 12" Infotainment system but not the 12" digital cluster, the thing that has the speedometer and stuff

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
It has the 12" Infotainment system but not the 12" digital cluster, the thing that has the speedometer and stuff
Correct.

My bad for not accurately reading your previous comment. ?

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Only regret I had getting the XLT over the Lariat was AWD wasn't available on my XLT. I had to switch from 4x4 to 4x2 on demand. This is fine when I'm driving it, but when my wife gets in, she always forgets to switch to 4x4 in the heavy snow and ice. Or then she'll forget to switch back to 4x2 when in a parking lot... hah.