First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Hey never mind getting numbers. He had the mirror control and a set in my color of rapid red so I just pulled the trigger! 😁
Good job! Those guys are awesome!

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
Did you get this sorted out? The power fold + extend mirrors come with a new button array panel that includes the telescope feature on it. My assumption would be the standard connector should work just fine assuming the goose's harness is a copy of the factory unit and not one strictly for power fold functionality.

See image 5 and 6 -- the button requires another plug that's likely present in lariat and up trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165088233167
It's still a work in progress. I know I don't have all the proper wires necessary therefore the new wire harnesses are on order. All is in other than the passenger side. Once that arrives I, believe, I'll have everything necessary to make the transition.

Sponsored

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
It's still a work in progress. I know I don't have all the proper wires necessary therefore the new wire harnesses are on order. All is in other than the passenger side. Once that arrives I, believe, I'll have everything necessary to make the transition.
I finally received all necessary parts. Mirrors (I had for several months) wiring harnesses (that is what I had to wait for, passenger side), control modules. Exchanged out wiring harnesses yesterday and installed mirrors today. Everything is working well. Power adjusts, power fold, power extend, turn signals and camera.

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
Additional information about my transition from manual fold tow to power fold/power extend.

I have a 2021 custom ordered F150 XLT, 302 high, max trailer tow, co-pilot360, manual tow mirrors, 360 camera, Blind spot and some other minor items.

The process I chose was to have it completed like it was a factory install. I wanted the appropriate switches etc. There is another way that I will list at the end that is less expensive.

Parts purchased:
Mirrors -- ML3Z-17696-DA (what I needed due to type of manual tow I had) -- came with bezel and switch for power extension.

New window / mirror switch (with power fold) -- ML3Z--14529-CC
Driver door wire harness -- ML3Z-14631-H
Passenger door wire harness -- ML3Z-14630-H
Control module (can't remember which door, but marked) -- MU5Z-14B291-R
Control module (can't remember which door, but marked) -- MU5Z-14B291-T

Once I received all these parts, it was basically a switch out of parts. Had to remove door panels on both sides and change out the wire harness and control modules (not bad but the hardest part). Changed out mirrors and switch control unit on drivers' side (easy). Then the only thing for me to change in FORScan was to "enable" power extend.

I did, at the very end, run into a minor hiccup. The wire harness for the passenger side was a 100% change out without issues. The drivers' side was 99%. The plug end for the door lock button was different. After speaking to my dealer (who was puzzled as well) I returned home and completed more research. I discovered the new harness end was for the door locks "and memory seat). Returned to dealer with part numbers:
Switch -- ML3Z-14776-AA
Bezel -- ML3Z-14527-BB which we know the switch number is correct, but jury is still out on the bezel. Will know later this week when they arrive. I will let you know after I receive them.

It was this method however, that was the more expensive route. Another alternative which is less expensive is through Boost Auto Parts (boostautoparts.com) where you can customize per your needs.

Hope this will help others with their endeavor.

Side note: I had discovered Ford change's part numbers from time to time. These were the part numbers at the time I did my conversion.

Griffinc

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Good morning. Just added the mirrors yesterday while I wait on the harness and switch. Did you get the reverse brake error after installation or is that because I haven't done any programming yet? I already had the 302a so really only added the powerfold? Thanks in advance
Did you ever figure out the problem with the 360 cam ? I have them aswell and want to swap over

bwdutton

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 XLT 4x4 PB
Occupation
Software Developer
Additional information about my transition from manual fold tow to power fold/power extend.

I have a 2021 custom ordered F150 XLT, 302 high, max trailer tow, co-pilot360, manual tow mirrors, 360 camera, Blind spot and some other minor items.

The process I chose was to have it completed like it was a factory install. I wanted the appropriate switches etc. There is another way that I will list at the end that is less expensive.

Parts purchased:
Mirrors -- ML3Z-17696-DA (what I needed due to type of manual tow I had) -- came with bezel and switch for power extension.

Once I received all these parts, it was basically a switch out of parts. Had to remove door panels on both sides and change out the wire harness and control modules (not bad but the hardest part). Changed out mirrors and switch control unit on drivers' side (easy). Then the only thing for me to change in FORScan was to "enable" power extend.

I did, at the very end, run into a minor hiccup. The wire harness for the passenger side was a 100% change out without issues. The drivers' side was 99%. The plug end for the door lock button was different. After speaking to my dealer (who was puzzled as well) I returned home and completed more research. I discovered the new harness end was for the door locks "and memory seat). Returned to dealer with part numbers:
Switch -- ML3Z-14776-AA
Bezel -- ML3Z-14527-BB which we know the switch number is correct, but jury is still out on the bezel. Will know later this week when they arrive. I will let you know after I receive them.

It was this method however, that was the more expensive route. Another alternative which is less expensive is through Boost Auto Parts (boostautoparts.com) where you can customize per your needs.

Side note: I had discovered Ford change's part numbers from time to time. These were the part numbers at the time I did my conversion.
I'm looking to do the same conversion on a 2022 XLT, 302A, regular trailer tow, co-pilot360, manual tow mirrors, 360 camera, Blind spot. I too would prefer the factory method, the 8 part numbers listed above is all that is needed? How did it turn out after you received the last 2 parts? I only want to take everything apart once if I can and be done with it. Thanks!

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing

Parts purchased:

Switch -- ML3Z-14776-AA

Did you make the memory seat functional as well?

Sponsored

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Are the Power Tow Mirrors only offered in power fold and power extend? Not power fold only?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Did you make the memory seat functional as well?
No, that requires the DSM which isn't offered in the XLT. That's a huge leap up in the amount of work required to get that going.

Are the Power Tow Mirrors only offered in power fold and power extend? Not power fold only?
Correct, if it folds it has the extend in it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm looking to do the same conversion on a 2022 XLT, 302A, regular trailer tow, co-pilot360, manual tow mirrors, 360 camera, Blind spot. I too would prefer the factory method, the 8 part numbers listed above is all that is needed? How did it turn out after you received the last 2 parts? I only want to take everything apart once if I can and be done with it. Thanks!
You don't need the DDM and PDM, those are universal. You reprogram them w/ forscan. I'm doing this right now, harness, mirrors, and upgrading to memory lock switch (won't work w/ mem unless you loads of work, lock/unlock still work however) w/ little bezel. I'm going to tear apart the driver door harness on the truck and use its wires to populate the 4 required for the fold / telescope, plus add in the 3 for mem as I have a big project underway for the memory and the loads of work it entails.

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Anyone seen this? Added extend switch and pinned out the PDM DDM and mirrors respectively. Ran wire to each as needed. Drivers side works but passenger side does not and I get this error. I ohmed the wires out and everything checks good. If I unplug the wiring and test I get the same DTC so I don’t think it’s a short, it’s like the PDM isn’t sending the mirror power. I’m thinking bad module or mirror. Anyone have an idea? I wondered about trying the passenger mirror plugged into the drivers side but looking at pin out there are some differences there

Ford F-150 XLT Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit - How To 74E2E5FD-333D-4862-9C0C-8FC5506220F3

Ford F-150 XLT Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit - How To 4FF0023F-B95E-43BB-982C-1932185C3F1B
Sponsored