First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 XLT 4x4 PB
Occupation
Software Developer
okay. so you can't actually buy that plastic frame and/or telescoping button on its own? if so, then that makes those mirrors useless for my application.
@HammaMan linked to one that looks like it could be it. If you already bought the mirrors probably worth taking a flyer on it for $50.
Sponsored

rstchristo1

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 302A
Sent you a message with instructions
Do you still have the instructions for this mod?
it looks like Boosted GreyGoose website is still down.
I have order the mirrors and door switch. I just need to know what wires and pins I need and where to plug them into.
TIA

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT. 302A. 6.5' bed.
Occupation
Educator
Finally got around to doing this mod yesterday. Thanks to all who helped me out along the way and for sharing your experiences. I just want to give a heads up, to anyone who is planning on doing this upgrade, that replacing the XLT driver side door harness with the Platinum harness i bought online was not as easy as I was hoping it would be (nothing ever is, right?) Some of the spots you have to reach into and try and unplug and plug in parts are SUPER tight and require a lot of patience! My hands are all cut up because of this, but I got it done. lol. I have everything working on the driver's side, but I still need to take the wires from my old harness and add it to my passenger side harness to enable the power fold/telescoping on that side. All in all, I'm very pleased with the upgrade, but I just wanted to give other people a heads up regarding the install of the new harness. Also, I'm still waiting on the new switch housing (ML3Z-14528-DA) as it is on backorder everywhere. The used Lariat mirrors I bought on ebay didn't come with the housing. I'm *supposed* to be getting it this week, but we shall see as the expected date keeps getting pushed back by Ford. I ended up using a dremel to cut out a slot in my old housing to hold the button temporarily. It's ugly but functional.

*Pro tip: make sure your window is rolled up when you start replacing the harness. I rolled down my windows to pop off the panel and didn't roll them back up. When installing the new harness, you get to a certain point that the window being down is completely in the way. At that point I had to go back and plug the old harness back in to power the window. It added to the overall time of the project and just thought I'd warn others so they don't make the same mistake I did.

Last edited:

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
Finally got around to doing this mod yesterday. ... All in all, I'm very pleased with the upgrade, but I just wanted to give other people a heads up regarding the install of the new harness. Also, I'm still waiting on the new switch housing (ML3Z-14528-DA) as it is on backorder everywhere. I'm *supposed* to be getting it this week, but we shall see as the expected date keeps getting pushed back by Ford. The used Lariat mirrors I bought on ebay didn't come with the housing.
What was your total cost? Did you try Boosted Grey Goose?

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Educator
What was your total cost? Did you try Boosted Grey Goose?
Boosted Grey Goose did not have any harnesses as of last month when I reached out to them. I ended up buying a platinum harness as was recommended earlier in this thread (thanks HammaMan).

Here's my cost breakdown:

Sames Kingsville Ford (https://ford.oempartsonline.com)

Platinum harness: (ML3Z-14631-H) $168.07
Switch housing: (ML3Z-14528-DA) $46.32 *currently on backorder nationwide
Telescoping switch: (ML3Z-17B676-AA) $6.86

ebay

Window switch: (ML3Z-14529-CC) $31.03
Lariat tow mirrors: (ML34-17683-ADCSMAS for DS and ML34-17682-ADCSMAS for PS) $1054.23

Total Cost: $1306.51

You will also need to make changes in forscan to enable power fold/telescoping, so if you don't have forscan there's that added cost of an obd2 adapter and software subscription.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
I just discovered this thread, but I feel like I hit the jackpot in stumbling onto it! I have just finished reading all 10 pages (okay, I may have "skimmed" a little...), and I think I understand most of what's going on, but necessarily everything.

Background:
I custom ordered my '22 Lariat, 502A, 360 cameras, BLIS truck, and took delivery in March 2022. I had tow mirrors on my "want list", but at the time of ordering (Dec '21), the tow mirrors were not available as electric fold. Because of garage space, electric fold was important to me, so I scratched off the tow mirrors and went with the "standard" mirrors, as they were electric fold. But I always wished I had the tow mirrors...

Fast forward to discovering this thread, and I am delighted! But I'm a little late to this party, so I have some questions:

It appears that P/N ML3Z-17696-DA is somewhat of an upgrade "kit", as it comes with practically everything you need. However, I am confused regarding the description. Some Ford dealers identify this P/N as being BLIS equipped, and you must have BLIS for the mirrors to work. But other dealers specifically call out the these mirrors (same P/N!) are not BLIS equipped and will not work with BLIS equipped vehicles. What gives?

Overall, my impression was that P/N ML3Z-17696-DA was complete enough (if you already had electric folding mirrors, 360 cameras, and BLIS) that after installation, all that was needed was to make changes in FORScan. But I also read about a Platinum trim level harness being required, and/or a harness from Boosted Grey Goose, so I'm not sure about that part of it. All of the trucks being upgraded in this thread appear to be XL or XLT. Is that the reason for the need for the wire harnesses?

Last edited:

rstchristo1

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 302A
i just completed the swap from manual fold to power fold mirrors using the harness from BGG. I made the below FORSCAN change to the DDM and PDM according to BGG instructions, by changing ** to 00 and the mirrors fold when i press the fold button on the new door switch.

But I would like to have them fold/unfold Lincoln style with door locks. I tried changing the ** to 01 but that did not work.

740/741-03-16 xxxx xxxx **--
Mirror_Folding_Cfg: 00=Ford, 01=Lincoln, 02=manual,
03=Powerfold

What other program changes have to made for this to work? Or is it even possible if my truck did not come with power folding mirrors from factory?

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Educator
I just discovered this thread, but I feel like I hit the jackpot in stumbling onto it! I have just finished reading all 10 pages (okay, I may have "skimmed" a little...), and I think I understand most of what's going on, but necessarily everything.

Background:
I custom ordered my '22 Lariat, 502A, 360 cameras, BLIS truck, and took delivery in March 2022. I had tow mirrors on my "want list", but at the time of ordering (Dec '21), the tow mirrors were not available as electric fold. Because of garage space, electric fold was important to me, so I scratched off the tow mirrors and went with the "standard" mirrors, as they were electric fold. But I always wished I had the tow mirrors...

Fast forward to discovering this thread, and I am delighted! But I'm a little late to this party, so I have some questions:

It appears that P/N ML3Z-17696-DA is somewhat of an upgrade "kit", as it comes with practically everything you need. However, I am confused regarding the description. Some Ford dealers identify this P/N as being BLIS equipped, and you must have BLIS for the mirrors to work. But other dealers specifically call out the these mirrors (same P/N!) are not BLIS equipped and will not work with BLIS equipped vehicles. What gives?

Overall, my impression was that P/N ML3Z-17696-DA was complete enough (if you already had electric folding mirrors, 360 cameras, and BLIS) that after installation, all that was needed was to make changes in FORScan. But I also read about a Platinum trim level harness being required, and/or a harness from Boosted Grey Goose, so I'm not sure about that part of it. All of the trucks being upgraded in this thread appear to be XL or XLT. Is that the reason for the need for the wire harnesses?
I’m not sure about the mirrors, but you don’t need to upgrade your harness since you have a lariat trim with power fold already. You will still need to upgrade your switch to include the power telescoping button.

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Educator
i just completed the swap from manual fold to power fold mirrors using the harness from BGG. I made the below FORSCAN change to the DDM and PDM according to BGG instructions, by changing ** to 00 and the mirrors fold when i press the fold button on the new door switch.

But I would like to have them fold/unfold Lincoln style with door locks. I tried changing the ** to 01 but that did not work.

03=Powerfold

What other program changes have to made for this to work? Or is it even possible if my truck did not come with power folding mirrors from factory?
The forscan change enables you to have the option for auto fold, but you need to still change it in your sync settings. I have Lincoln fold on my XLT tow mirrors.

Ford F-150 XLT Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit - How To image

Sponsored

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Educator

03=Powerfold

Also, it looks like you need to make changes to the APIM as well according to Livinitup’s spreadsheet.

Ford F-150 XLT Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit - How To IMG_3130

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
I’m not sure about the mirrors, but you don’t need to upgrade your harness since you have a lariat trim with power fold already. You will still need to upgrade your switch to include the power telescoping button.
The conflict in descriptions of the tow mirrors (having BLIS/not having BLIS) was answered previously by another poster - but in a different thread. Supposedly, P/N ML3Z-17696-DA are BLIS capable. The speculation is that some dealers never updated the description on their respective websites.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that because of the 502A Lariat trim level, I will need nothing more in regards to wiring? I can buy P/N ML3Z-17696-DA (which comes with the switch door panel insert to house the switch), install, make changes in FORScan , and be ready to go? It has been suggested elsewhere that I should first pull the door panel and look for a specific harness plug - just to confirm - before laying out the big bucks for the tow mirror "kit", as it has been suggested that the harness plug may be there, or may not be there. If not, I've got to come up with a harness solution.

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Educator
Taking apart your door panel is super easy and probably worth doing so you can verify for yourself.

NCnuke32

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Gen15
Occupation
Retired Navy
Just finished the upgrade this past weekend on my 2023 XLT. I appreciate everyone help in the feed and all the great information shared.

mrnavy2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Roush Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Fusion SE
Occupation
Retired
Just finished the upgrade this past weekend on my 2023 XLT. I appreciate everyone help in the feed and all the great information shared.

I already installed the Mirrors and Door Switch. Just waiting for a good day to do the harness and FORSCAN. Yours looks good. Thanks for sharing
Sponsored