XLT 302A vs Lariat 501A

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I’m not sure if it matters to you or not but the LED headlights on the Lariat and above trim levels are different than the LED headlights on the 302A equipped XLT’s.

Th best way to see what the differences are and what extra features you’re paying for, go on the Ford website and under the B&P section, pull up the 501A Lariat package and then pull up the XLT 302A package on another device or computer.

Whatever is included in the 501A package that’s not on the 302A package and excluding the leather interior and the better LED headlights, that’s what you’re paying extra for.

As another poster mentioned, only Lariats and above get the 4A option when 4X4 is added to the vehicle.
I was under the impression that xlt 302a and lariat 501a have the same led reflector headlights? And that only the 502a and above start getting the led projectors?
Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I was under the impression that xlt 302a and lariat 501a have the same led reflector headlights? And that only the 502a and above start getting the led projectors?
Lariats and above get the more advanced LED headlights which are dynamic.........meaning they’re active and turn when the vehicle is turning.

I might be wrong and you might be right but I thought I read that the more advanced headlights were standard on Lariats and above.

I bet these are very expensive assemblies.

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Lariats and above get the more advanced LED headlights which are dynamic.........meaning they’re active and turn when the vehicle is turning.

I might be wrong and you might be right but I thought I read that the more advanced headlights were standard on Lariats and above.

I bet these are very expensive assemblies.
I think that's the 502A package lights. IDK if the 500A/501A lights are dynamic.

WXMANNY

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Power boost
Occupation
Meteorology
I think that's the 502A package lights. IDK if the 500A/501A lights are dynamic.

XLT - Cloth seats, option for power rear window, shifter on column, the 302 gives push button start, power seats - less options, stated earlier no power tailgate

With the above and going with 501A my build was 2K more, I like the shifter on the console with power leather seats & the few extra bells & whistles (speakers and such)

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
From everything I've seen you are correct. . Only 502a and above get the dynamic bending LED..

Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Made the smarter financial decision and downgraded from lariat to xlt 302a. Saves $8000 CAD! The wife is happy with the choice lololol
I started looking at lariats based on 2020 packages and ended up doing the same.

DVC2020

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Subaru Legacy, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Finance Director (small government office)
Homelink is on 302A package for 2021... guess all you guys were looking up at Visors like I was for videos lol ? ?
It's not, though. Lariat + 501A is the price of entry for Homelink. It's a luxury feature! Lol.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Seriously?!
I'll be so angry!!
@ 9:27

acefishing

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150/old datson 510/dodge ram
Occupation
fisherman
Can anyone help me figure out all the differences between XLT 302A and Lariat 501A? The main things I'm seeing are that the Lariat has different grill, digital cluster screen, and leather seats. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Might change my order down to the 302A if so... since its about a 7-8k price difference here in Canada.
you will have to check as canadian packages are not the same as USA i found this out when i prepped my package at my canadian dealer i had the package list from USA because canadian ones were only at dealers USA came out to public first
you can see my final package in this thread
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/heres-my-canadian-order.363/
let me know what you decide and price comparison im also in bc (vancouver area)

Sponsored

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you will have to check as canadian packages are not the same as USA i found this out when i prepped my package at my canadian dealer i had the package list from USA because canadian ones were only at dealers USA came out to public first
you can see my final package in this thread
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/heres-my-canadian-order.363/
let me know what you decide and price comparison im also in bc (vancouver area)
Yeah the us and Canadian builds are slightly different. I used the Canadian order guide to make sure I had it all correct. I ended up swapping my lariat order for the 302a. On of my main concerns is getting as much payload as possible but I still want some of the goodies like powerboost and the 12 inch screen.

I purchased from west coast Ford Lincoln in maple ridge. I placed my order during September when employee pricing was on so my final price is about 2% under invoice. West cost Ford Lincoln gave me the best deal after I went to like 7 different dealerships.

my final build is this

2021 f150 4x4
Short bed super screw
Powerboost hybrid
Xlt with 302a
360 camera
Sport apperanace
Included tow package
Dual moonroof
Skid plates

msrp is 65374 CAD and my price was 57369. I think it’s a good deal! However I hate having to pay the luxury vehicle tax

acefishing

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150/old datson 510/dodge ram
Occupation
fisherman
Yeah the us and Canadian builds are slightly different. I used the Canadian order guide to make sure I had it all correct. I ended up swapping my lariat order for the 302a. On of my main concerns is getting as much payload as possible but I still want some of the goodies like powerboost and the 12 inch screen.

I purchased from west coast Ford Lincoln in maple ridge. I placed my order during September when employee pricing was on so my final price is about 2% under invoice. West cost Ford Lincoln gave me the best deal after I went to like 7 different dealerships.

my final build is this

2021 f150 4x4
Short bed super screw
Powerboost hybrid
Xlt with 302a
360 camera
Sport apperanace
Included tow package
Dual moonroof
Skid plates

msrp is 65374 CAD and my price was 57369. I think it’s a good deal! However I hate having to pay the luxury vehicle tax
looks like a nice truck
yes 12 inch screen is included in the 302a package
im passing on the sunroof i do a lot of hunting and dont know how sunroof would holdup fourwheeling on some of the rough roads way to often lol
i need a little bigger box (6.5)for moose and my nets but didnt want the extra foot in length with the supercrew
i like the idea of the powerboost but decided to give it a year or 2 trial period
then possibly upgrade to powerboost and maybe lariat
i also ordered mine the last week of employee pricing
do you have any idea when they may possibly arrive
i stipulated before the end of dec in my contract for taxes but that is a pipedream
im guessing maybe march
gl

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
looks like a nice truck
yes 12 inch screen is included in the 302a package
im passing on the sunroof i do a lot of hunting and dont know how sunroof would holdup fourwheeling on some of the rough roads way to often lol
i need a little bigger box (6.5)for moose and my nets but didnt want the extra foot in length with the supercrew
i like the idea of the powerboost but decided to give it a year or 2 trial period
then possibly upgrade to powerboost and maybe lariat
i also ordered mine the last week of employee pricing
do you have any idea when they may possibly arrive
i stipulated before the end of dec in my contract for taxes but that is a pipedream
im guessing maybe march
gl
Oh nice! I do a fair amount of 4x4 too pulling our travel trailer so hopefully the sunroof will last haha! My wife really wanted that feature.
I was originally told dec/Jan but I doubt it. dealer also has no clue every time I ask. Seeing all these other ppl here getting vins and build dates for Jan/feb means we probably aren’t even scheduled yet. I’m hoping for March delivery! Good luck

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I'm in the same situation. Couple more items on my list cooled seats, copilot assist, 4x4 auto mode. It also opens up so moire optional features not available on the xlt, unleashed sound, active drive prep, and some other things.
And what is an insult is that in US copilot assist is available as an option on the 302A and not here in Canada.

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
Made the smarter financial decision and downgraded from lariat to xlt 302a. Saves $8000 CAD! The wife is happy with the choice lololol
Can you tell me if the 302A give the shifter in the consile?
Sponsored