First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks for this post. Any reason to go with 3157 bulbs from Amazon or elsewhere vs going with DD, aside from cost?

Also, did you do the white reverse lights or just the 4 red lights? I'm getting conflicting information if those are 3157 as well or 7443

On another one of my cars I had a set from an amazon seller. About a year or so after getting them, I noticed my brake lights looked like they were staying on. Turns out the one bulb had shorted. Luckily I caught it quick enough to not have it damage the housing, but I try and use reputable products since that has happened. I had DD bulbs on my escape as well for 4+ years and 0 issues.
There are good sellers on Amazon, but I don't recommend the cheapest bulbs on there - I'd shoot for a midrange price if you don't want to spend the coin on a DD bulb or similar priced item.

I will say that DD has great customer service, which is another reason why I went with them, knowing that the 2021 F150 had an odd bulb size to begin with.

As for the reverse - the XL w/ BLIS and XLTs have LED reverse lights, but according to the owners manual it uses the WT21W - which would be the same 3156 / 3157 size. Looks like Ford used that socket on all non LED bulbs in the rear. Since reverse is a single stage - the 3156 w/ shaved tabs would be the most likely bulb to use (3157 is dual brightness).
Sponsored

Reactions: JCM

JCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I pulled my tails apart to confirm sizes (302A BLIS) and as you said the reverse light is LED and it seems to be a self contained module not easily replaced. As such I'll be doing some sort of bumper mounted pod solution for more reverse light coverage.

I ordered the brake/turn bulbs from DD and went with HP48, since I am looking less for brightness and mostly for the crisper look of LEDs, and they're half the price of the XP80.