First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 ecoboost
Occupation
Truck driver
Let me start by saying I have searched the web and this forum and I can’t seem to find a straight answer…

does the 2021+ F150 XLT 302a have a heated steering wheel?
Some videos on YouTube suggest that it has an “automatic” heated steering wheel that there is no actual on or off button but when the temperature is cold enough it will come on automatically. Can anybody confirm this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

how2now

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
nugget buster
call a dealer and ask... just saying

OP
OP
Spacewhitev8

Spacewhitev8

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
yea unfortunately my dealer in NJ is not open 6Am so I thought I would post here..

call a dealer and ask... just saying

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 302A does not have a heated steering wheel. I miss it a little from my previous vehicle, but not enough to do anything about it. The dash vents are perfectly placed to warm my hands.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spacewhitev8

Spacewhitev8

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
yea that’s what I thought. But these YouTubers like to say it has heated seats and steering wheel when they are reviewing… ??‍♂

XLT does not have any option for a heated wheel, you have to move to lariat before that option is available.
No automatic version either.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
yea that’s what I thought. But these YouTubers like to say it has heated seats and steering wheel when they are reviewing… ??‍♂
I wouldn’t hold all YouTubers to a high degree of accuracy or expertise ;)

The ford build and price, order guides or info from your dealer are your best bets for accurate info.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Let me start by saying I have searched the web and this forum and I can’t seem to find a straight answer…

Some videos on YouTube suggest that it has an “automatic” heated steering wheel that there is no actual on or off button but when the temperature is cold enough it will come on automatically. Can anybody confirm this?
I have an XLT 302a and it doesn't have a heated wheel. If I could have bought an XLT 302a with a heated wheel I definitely would as my wife's car has it and it's a nice feature just like heated seats. As far as believing YouTube folks, that is like believing the evening news. Mostly BS.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I have an XLT 302a and it doesn't have a heated wheel. If I could have bought an XLT 302a with a heated wheel I definitely would as my wife's car has it and it's a nice feature just like heated seats. As far as believing YouTube folks, that is like believing the evening news. Mostly BS.
Ditto here. I went with 302A as the lowest trim to get heated seats but couldn’t justify the price hike to Lariat to get the heated steering wheel. I miss it from my old BMW because I hate driving with winter gloves on.

OP
OP
Spacewhitev8

Spacewhitev8

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
yeah I couldn’t justify the price jump to the lariat I know you get a bunch of other features but I’m already at $61,000 for an XLT ?
I’ll get me a nice pair of leather gloves LOL

Ditto here. I went with 302A as the lowest trim to get heated seats but couldn’t justify the price hike to Lariat to get the heated steering wheel. I miss it from my old BMW because I hate driving with winter gloves on.

Sponsored

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
Lariat 502A is the lowest trim for the heated wheel IIRC.

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
I live in Western WA. Heated steering wheel was not a priority (If I lived in an area with 4+ months of snow, maybe). My XLT FX4 after it was all said and done was $64K. Wasn't going higher to get a Lariat.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired

no. Haven't seen or felt it yet. I have a 2021 XLT 302A ecoboost
Sponsored