First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
I am waiting on a high trim Xl PB long bed and was wondering if their is a way to monitor my boost. I would think that would be very helpful for many reasons or at least for economy. I think I can do it through the OBD but was hopping I could do it natively. I guess it would be just one more add to go with after the Lariat leather, XLT steering wheel, 2021 upper glove box, fifth wheel brackets, airbag, slow close tailgate,12" infotainment?1.5" level? (I did tell her how nice it would be to have a truck I didn't have to work on)
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I am waiting on a high trim Xl PB long bed and was wondering if their is a way to monitor my boost. I would think that would be very helpful for many reasons or at least for economy. I think I can do it through the OBD but was hopping I could do it natively. I guess it would be just one more add to go with after the Lariat leather, XLT steering wheel, 2021 upper glove box, fifth wheel brackets, airbag, slow close tailgate,12" infotainment?1.5" level? (I did tell her how nice it would be to have a truck I didn't have to work on)
There should be a a gauge, but not one that will display your actual MAP or boost as a numerical value. You may be able to do it with A LOT of upgrades via new cluster and APIM. A 302A w/ 360 cams would have been a MUCH better base to start out however (that ship has sailed though).

Personally I'm looking forward to being able to upgrade the APIM when sync 5 ends up dropping in a few years. Given just how far sync 4 is going though, and the fact that Ford is making new CPUs available in china on sync 4a, 4 may just be here a while.

If you're curious, here's what powers sync 4 and why it's got a bright future ahead of it.....
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/IMX8FAMFS.pdf

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
the xlt would have been about 8,000 more. I paid $249 for the leather 75 for the wheel, not sure if I need the 12" screen , fifth wheel, leveling and air bags would also be needed on xlt and beyond that with the powerboost option I wanted to maximize my payload for fifth wheel towing. I really could do it without much trouble through obd but was mostly wondering if boost was on the infotainment screen. I am not sure why most people dont think that having ordered a truck we would not research their options and make the best decision for themselves, its not like I walked in to a lot and said I will take that pretty one over their. that was said in a kidding manner added this as a edit .I almost forgot a couple of days ago I ordered a upper glove box off eBay, 22 xl's and xlt's dont come with them anymore but I really like them and hate the cubby, in case its not obvious I like to mess around with my trucks. Forscan will soon see me devoting a lot of time to it

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
the xlt would have been about 8,000 more. I paid $249 for the leather 75 for the wheel, not sure if I need the 12" screen , fifth wheel, leveling and air bags would also be needed on xlt and beyond that with the powerboost option I wanted to maximize my payload for fifth wheel towing. I really could do it without much trouble through obd but was mostly wondering if boost was on the infotainment screen. I am not sure why most people dont think that having ordered a truck we would not research their options and make the best decision for themselves, its not like I walked in to a lot and said I will take that pretty one over their. that was said in a kidding manner
The thing that sucks is even 'ordering' your truck, you still get gimped with option selection. Given tech today and how the factories operate and stage things, there's really no excuse to not allow someone to order an XL while requesting a 502a's wiring harness for example. I mean, sure, have packages as options, but don't force trims just to get a package. With top and base being a difference of nearly 100%, there's plenty of room to allow those who want to go more in-depth with their ordering to do just that. The robot picking the parts to install in the truck doesn't give a schit.

Be it wiring harnesses, electronics, individual items like the 12" or full digital IPC, those should be 1-off options anyone can put on any truck. The ordering process should let you bastardize your truck to your heart's content.

XL w/ a platinum's massaging lie flat driver's seat? That's how I want to order :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, just the driver's seat, everyone else can sit on vinyl damnit.
Sponsored