Would be nice if Ford launched a Ford App Store

MadHatter0101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 LARIAT
Occupation
Sys Admin
Just thinking it would be nice if Ford came out with an Dedicated Ford App Store. You could have Theme's, apps, etc. Like a Rapter theme where instead of a black background on the Lariat Speedometer screen, you would have some off road scene with custom gagues. Maybe another theme with a wood grain and chrome, with gauges that look mechanical.

Here is a fun app. Like Tesla, offer a DVR option. You would allow a USB drive plugged in to a port act as a Video Storage for all the cameras. So if you leave you truck on parked, it will record and save to the USB. So if someone messes with your truck it's on camera. Same with if you are in a accident you will have a recording.

Next is would be a partnered app. So I use 76 for gas. So a 76 app that when you pulled up to a pump, it would pop up on the side screen automatically. Then on you screen type your pump number. Then when you get out it, it will be ready to use. It might be able to get the pump numbers by camera's.

I would gladly pay $200 for the camera app. I would say $25 a theme seems fair.

What does everything else think. What about apps, can you think of an app or theme you would like?
Sponsored

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Just thinking it would be nice if Ford came out with an Dedicated Ford App Store. You could have Theme's, apps, etc. Like a Rapter theme where instead of a black background on the Lariat Speedometer screen, you would have some off road scene with custom gagues. Maybe another theme with a wood grain and chrome, with gauges that look mechanical.

Here is a fun app. Like Tesla, offer a DVR option. You would allow a USB drive plugged in to a port act as a Video Storage for all the cameras. So if you leave you truck on parked, it will record and save to the USB. So if someone messes with your truck it's on camera. Same with if you are in a accident you will have a recording.

Next is would be a partnered app. So I use 76 for gas. So a 76 app that when you pulled up to a pump, it would pop up on the side screen automatically. Then on you screen type your pump number. Then when you get out it, it will be ready to use. It might be able to get the pump numbers by camera's.

I would gladly pay $200 for the camera app. I would say $25 a theme seems fair.

What does everything else think. What about apps, can you think of an app or theme you would like?
Sounds like a neat concept, I wonder if things like that could be added to a vehicle. I mean, if Ford designed the system to be added to and expanded upon...

OP
OP

MadHatter0101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 LARIAT
Occupation
Sys Admin
Sounds like a neat concept, I wonder if things like that could be added to a vehicle. I mean, if Ford designed the system to be added to and expanded upon...
Everything I said can be done. The hardware is there. Ford would just have to do an OTA and add the icon. They already have theme's built in, for example when you change drive modes.

The camera one might require some work.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
There is a Ford app store of sorts within the FordPass app. It has all of 11 titles available currently, and really nothing compelling.
Sponsored