Worth the wait?

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
For those of us who are still waiting, can those that have received their trucks shed some light on whether or not it was worth the wait? Have your expectations been met or exceeded? How would you compare it to the previous generations of trucks? I should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks and my anticipation and excitement level is very high so I'm curious to hear from the folks who were in my situation not that long ago. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm probably in the minority. I'm not all giddy about the truck. I wasn't about to order one with all the delays. I got in the mood to swap my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and found an acceptable 2021 f150 Platinum Powerboost within a day or so and it was in my garage before the week was over. No drama. No loss of sleep. Nice to look at a different truck in the garage.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I didn't really order mine, per se. A dealer friend of mine and I were talking in September, and he said he would order me one, to my specs and we work out the rest later. No deposit, etc. I could walk away if we couldn't make a deal.

I got a call at the end of January saying it was built and on the way. I had forgotten about it, to be honest. We talked on the phone, I shared with him the deal I could get at Granger Ford, he matched it and three weeks later it was in my driveway.

For me, it was a pleasant surprise and I appreciate Albert at Granger Ford, as I was going to order in the first few weeks of February but why wait when I can get a matched deal now?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Mine arrived two weeks earlier than expected but I would have been happy to have waited longer if that had meant that the doors wouldn’t have been installed shoddily.

Still waiting for the dealership to adjust them, despite it being the only ‘to fix’ item on the sales contract and it being almost a month since I picked up the truck.

Talked with a service manager and he said that they have been getting other trucks with misaligned doors.

I was looking for 2020’s but couldn’t find any in the configuration that I wanted. Pretty annoyed with the door fit and it worries me that if they can screw up something so simple, what about the other potential screw-ups for more complicated systems?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Mine arrived two weeks earlier than expected but I would have been happy to have waited longer if that had meant that the doors wouldn’t have been installed shoddily.

Still waiting for the dealership to adjust them, despite it being the only ‘to fix’ item on the sales contract and it being almost a month since I picked up the truck.

Talked with a service manager and he said that they have been getting other trucks with misaligned doors.

I was looking for 2020’s but couldn’t find any in the configuration that I wanted. Pretty annoyed with the door fit and it worries me that if they can screw up something so simple, what about the other potential screw-ups for more complicated systems?
Any pics of that Iconic Silver regular cab?

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
worth the wait? You are going to get different answers. I ordered in September and I think I’m at least another month+ so my answer is absolutely not. I still don’t have an accurate ETA. It seems to be random as similar trucks get ordered and built within a month but if you get an odd ball it takes all the fun away. If you really want a new truck, my suggestion is get it off the lot but I can’t recommend ordering.

Ford F-150 Worth the wait? 1615157285467

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I drove to a dealership and bought mine. Absolutely love it. I don't fit your question I guess. But, wanted to weigh in.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Can’t speak to the truck as it should be arriving toward the end of the month, but I expect it will be well worth the wait.

I’m a patient guy, and honestly forgot about my order until this month and saw the window sticker and build date. I’ll have waited 3.5 months if the ETA is accurate.

My daily driver is a sedan, and so as long as the truck has 4x4 and a bed, it’ll be an upgrade in my book. Will gladly share my thoughts once it arrives.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Some guy came by my house last July with a literal bag of cash and bought my 59 ElCamino.
Been thinking about getting a new truck for about 3-4 years, but in no hurry as am quite fond of my 98 Chevy K1500.
Ordered a new truck in August.
My intention was to get a 2020, but the banks had closed.
Sales guy called me to tell me he couldn’t do it, so told him to go ahead and order the same truck in a 2021 version.
I had no idea it was going to be a completely different vehicle.
Ford was my only option as I wanted a SuperCab with an 8’ box.
My v8 4x4 SuperCab SuperBox showed up Feb 9
Been more than happy with it despite a couple of things that need attention.
I got an XLT 301a with just a couple of little options added.
Still getting used to it, but watching mpg going up every day.
2nd truck ever with automatic, 1st truck with power windows.
Most likely will be my last new one,
Still have my first new one. Bought it when I was 18. 79 Chev c10.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ford4Life

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I can't believe all of the fit/finish issues that have been happening. Sounds like I need to look it over closely when I take delivery

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
5 month wait.. and yeah 100% worth the wait I would do it again if I had to.

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
Ordered in October and finally picked it up this weekend. Worth the wait ? ABSOLUTELY! I’m coming from a 2011 Lariat and the night and day difference is unreal. The ride, the seats, the technology, everything is in incredible. It is an amazing machine.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...Sounds like I need to look it over closely when I take delivery
Most definitely, I spent about half an hour to 45min. looking over my truck. The door gap was the only major issue that I noticed and that was within seconds of seeing the truck, they’re that far off that the doors look open when they are latched shut.

The paint was flawless when I first inspected it, better than some $100k Mercedes sedans that I have looked at which are almost always silver these days. However, the one thing I forgot is to jump on the bed and look on the roof. I found one fisheye and one little nubbin near the 3rd brake light, hardly something worth bringing up unless they get worse. I am glad that was it. There’s another truck on here that suffered some roof damage on the way to the dealership when the car carrier decided to show it that steel is more durable than aluminum alloy!

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
For those of us who are still waiting, can those that have received their trucks shed some light on whether or not it was worth the wait? Have your expectations been met or exceeded? How would you compare it to the previous generations of trucks? I should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks and my anticipation and excitement level is very high so I'm curious to hear from the folks who were in my situation not that long ago. Thanks!
I waiting over four months, 9/24 to 1/26... definitely worth it! Lariat 502A with all of the tech, certinaly doenst disappoint.
Sponsored