Sponsored

Work truck

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
With all of these trucks becoming more and more of family suv .What will the working man have . Don't get me wrong I like some of the luxury things , but things like a like of good bumpers ton of plastic. Many dealer shop cant figure out whats wrong unless the computer tells them whats wrong .If it shows nothing then nothing its wrong dummies . Again for those that going say it has been this way for years . You are right and wrong those of us with more than average skill could get around and fix it. Toyota has no tow hooks front or back a composite bed which can bed used as a slip and slide its so slick. But hey it may turnout to be a great thing in the future time will tell. I cant speak on other manufactures but who will make a truck that will last more than 5 years as a work truck . Something than can be used on the farm the construction site or other non 100 paved road place . Lets here your thoughts
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The unintended consequences of government regulations which were intended to force consumers into lighter vehicles has resulted in light trucks and SUVs benefiting from the extinction of the full-size sedan and full-size station wagon.

Even now, if regulations were completely dropped, it's too late. People have become so accustomed to sitting up higher and having better visibility, that compact cars and midsize sedans have slowly been morphing into their respective crossover versions because it's absolutely miserable being the only person in a low vehicle surrounded by other vehicles that you can see traffic better under than over. Not to mention the obvious safety implications.

From my own observations, people who use trucks for work and nothing but work and weren't provided that truck by their employer will buy used. Sometimes very used, so while they might prefer a full 6' or 8' bed, they have to choose from the pool of trucks that were used like SUVs or minivans. Many of which probably are short box trucks. This has resulted in the strange dynamic of 10+ year old regular cab XL/XLT trucks selling for the same or even more as a crew cab Lariat or higher trim truck.

Another annoying problem is that the dealerships don't usually stock 100% base model trucks. Many times, you will see an XL truck that has so many options that you are better off getting the XLT or Lariat they have, which will usually have more standard options for the same price and more competitive discounts, to where it costs less than the lower trim truck they have.

As far as durability, light trucks are a target for fuel economy standards because of their success and presence on the road in such large numbers, so shortcuts have been made to save weight and increase fuel economy for no other reason than satisfying the arbitrary EPA fuel economy test.

So if you want a truck that can last 10-20 years without issue, then your best bet is an XL F-250 with the 6.2 liter iron block V-8 which is the best engine Ford currently makes in regards to reliability as far as I can see and it still has okay fuel economy.

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I agree with you 100% those used trucks market are for the contractors and farms. These trucks are getting weaker / worse and cars /suv are getting better. Due to government regulation just like the ethanol used in the winter in the name of cleaner air just fill twice as much burning more fuel but you cause less pollution. I am interested in seeing who will make that work truck for the common man. There is a market Toyota does do that over seas and those trucks are killers

FORDHOSTAGE

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150GEN14
Occupation
Hostage
With all of these trucks becoming more and more of family suv .What will the working man have . Don't get me wrong I like some of the luxury things , but things like a like of good bumpers ton of plastic. Many dealer shop cant figure out whats wrong unless the computer tells them whats wrong .If it shows nothing then nothing its wrong dummies . Again for those that going say it has been this way for years . You are right and wrong those of us with more than average skill could get around and fix it. Toyota has no tow hooks front or back a composite bed which can bed used as a slip and slide its so slick. But hey it may turnout to be a great thing in the future time will tell. I cant speak on other manufactures but who will make a truck that will last more than 5 years as a work truck . Something than can be used on the farm the construction site or other non 100 paved road place . Lets here your thoughts
THAT'S exactly why I "HAD" to ORDER a custom Regular Cab Short Bed 4x4 with a V8.

Yeah, sure... I could have bought a "Fleet Truck" off a lot but if I'm going to pay Tens of Thousands of dollars for a new truck, I don't want crank up windows, V6 and an AM radio! (IF any radio at all!)

And since it's a RCSB and I'll have little room to store or haul stuff, I need the full blown TOW package.

Good luck finding that anywhere and forget about GM/Mopar... they don't build RCSBs anymore.

So I piled $18k worth of options into an XLT and maybe someday.... they'll actually BUILD IT!'

Maybe then I'll have a nice "work truck" that won't be obsolete in 5 years. (If I move to Texas):oops:

FORD is AWESOME!
Sponsored