Sponsored

Wonders Never Cease!

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Congratulations, Bob! All the best with your truck!
Sponsored

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Fog lamp and lower drl on my platinum
Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 401B7456-E4C7-4067-808D-E18CA7D54571

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
OMG guys I am blown away,o_O thanks so much for well wishes! Much appreciated(y)!

Of course it was raining, seems every new car I pickup is in the rain.

First off, the other reviews here are right on. It's a bit over whelming not have a truck for 5 months and then get into a rocket ship with everything different. Drives like a dream and will put many muscle cars to shame.

I love the steering, the breaks are just a bit different but I've owned hybrids in the past and I was use to it by the time I got home. Fit and finish is really good. I found 2 very small blemishes that won't be much to fix at all.

The power boards are higher than my 2018 and louder but still very functional. It may just need a dampener on the motor mounts. Will look into that but by no means a deal breaker.

I got the bed-liner sprayed while I visited my Mom. I think they didn't get all the power hooked up for the power tailgate is not working. I did turn it on in the settings. I have to go back tomorrow anyway for they are swapping my tires, getting the Michelin Defenders. Worked a trade deal with the dealer.

The finance rebate is $1,000 now, so $500 more than I thought. I'll let it ride till just before first payment is due and then pay it off. I had a total of $4,000 in rebates counting the PCO and the dealer had locked it in, so all was good.

The light's at night are really cool and I love the new headlights, they are better than my 2018 KR.

Stereo is really really good but you need a good station and you have to get the balance and tone settings put right.

I just can't get over how smooth and quite this thing is! Looks bad a** too!

The KR interior accent color is more brown and less orangie than my 2018, very nice quality leather. Steering wheel felt really good in the hands. Love the new controls on the wheel, better organize and ergonomic.

The MPGs are right there and I was doing the speed limit and got on just a little bit. Was 4 lane but rural for 60% and city 40%, at one point I was averaging 29 MPG and that was a bit less than 1/2 way. 65 on the 60% and stop and go at lower speeds the 40%. We don't have winter or summer gas additives here so I'm sure that helps.

You really cannot tell when on battery or engine if it were not for the tac, except on take off from a dead stop and it is smooth.

Will have better photos tomorrow, got dark on me. I have lots of stuff to put on it tomorrow too, that came off my 2018, bed cover, tags, tools etc. Bought the splash guards for it while I was there. Have to take it to get the front side windows tinted next week. Not doing to much to it other than that.

The dash and center screen is the best!!

Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 1611290369817

Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 1611290489626

Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 1611290519288

Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 1611290547252

Ford F-150 Wonders Never Cease! 1611290574179

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
OMG guys I am blown away,o_O thanks so much for well wishes! Much appreciated(y)!

First off, the other reviews here are right on. It's a bit over whelming not have a truck for 5 months and then get into a rocket ship with everything different. Drives like a dream and will put many muscle cars to shame.

I love the steering, the breaks are just a bit different but I've owned hybrids in the past and I was use to it by the time I got home. Fit and finish is really good. I found 2 very small blemishes that won't be much to fix at all.

The power boards are higher than my 2018 and louder but still very functional. It may just need a dampener on the motor mounts. Will look into that but by no means a deal breaker.

I got the bed-liner sprayed while I visited my Mom. I think they didn't get all the power hooked up for the power tailgate is not working. I did turn it on in the settings. I have to go back tomorrow anyway for they are swapping my tires, getting the Michelin Defenders. Worked a trade deal with the dealer.

The finance rebate is $1,000 now, so $500 more than I thought. I'll let it ride till just before first payment is due and then pay it off. I had a total of $4,000 in rebates counting the PCO and the dealer had locked it in, so all was good.

The light's at night are really cool and I love the new headlights, they are better than my 2018 KR.

Stereo is really really good but you need a good station and you have to get the balance and tone settings put right.

The KR interior accent color is more brown and less orangie than my 2018, very nice quality leather. Steering wheel felt really good in the hands. Love the new controls on the wheel, better organize and ergonomic.

The MPGs are right there and I was doing the speed limit and got on just a little bit. Was 4 lane but rural for 60% and city 40%, at one point I was averaging 29 MPG and that was a bit less than 1/2 way. 65 on the 60% and stop and go at lower speeds the 40%. We don't have winter or summer gas additives here so I'm sure that helps.

You really cannot tell when on battery or engine if it were not for the tac, except on take off from a dead stop and it is smooth.

Will have better photos tomorrow, got dark on me. I have lots of stuff to put on it tomorrow too, that came off my 2018, bed cover, tags, tools etc. Bought the splash guards for it while I was there. Have to take it to get the front side windows tinted next week. Not doing to much to it other than that.

1611290369817.jpeg

1611290489626.jpeg

1611290519288.jpeg

1611290547252.jpeg

1611290574179.jpeg
she’s a beauty. Congrats, and thanks for all of the info, it was great for all of us you had to wait ?.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That looks AWESOME!!! (I'll forgive you for not putting the Stone Gray two tone ?)

Now I'm gonna bombard you with requests every time I think of something since you have my same truck haha. I'll wait for your interior shots before getting annoying.

Also this definitively confirms for those still wondering, you are missing the 4 front bumper sensors due to not adding the Copilot Active Prep package. Which means you should be missing the active park assist button above the sync4 (but I'll wait for the pics to confirm)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

1611290369817.jpeg

1611290489626.jpeg

1611290519288.jpeg

1611290547252.jpeg

1611290574179.jpeg
There she is!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That looks AWESOME!!! (I'll forgive you for not putting the Stone Gray two tone ?)

Now I'm gonna bombard you with requests every time I think of something since you have my same truck haha. I'll wait for your interior shots before getting annoying.

Also this definitively confirms for those still wondering, you are missing the 4 front bumper sensors due to not adding the Copilot Active Prep package. Which means you should be missing the active park assist button above the sync4 (but I'll wait for the pics to confirm)
You are right, no front bumper sensors, sure was hoping but no. I of course do not have prep pkg.

Anything you want Tim, just let me know.

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Congrats!! Don't forget the rest of us that are still waiting. . . . ;)

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Congrats!! Don't forget the rest of us that are still waiting. . . . ;)
I want, I will still be around. (y)

I want to see the rest of ya'll get your babies in.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That is one sweet looking truck Bob. I forgot what color you got. Is that Space White or Oxford White?

I keep hoping every week I'll get some news on mine (retail order) but seems the commodity issue keeps them for doing anything with it. I've decided the Priority Code pretty much is meaningless. It went in as a 10 Ford changed it to a 2 a few weeks later and that's as far as it's got. Ordered on Nov 4.

Anyway enjoy yours I think you probably deserve it just a little more than the rest of us. With all of the helpful info you given us not to mention the long wait not only to get it built but the shipping was painful! It's about time damn it! lol

Again Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Congrats Bob! Great looking truck. Very happy for you; you've earned it! Thanks for all of the great info and help on purchase strategies.

My King Ranch (1/20 build) still shows in production but FordPass Connect and Activate now shows up on the app. Hopefully 2 weeks to go!

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
Well my new truck came in under the darkness of the night yesterday! Tracker updated just a few hours later, so it is pretty responsive. So my 12 Nov build arrived late 20 Jan, rough journey. Thank goodness for F150Gen to help take the edge off and a great group to suffer with!

Photos to follow later this afternoon!

1611234353860.png
Congrats......that's great...especially with a November build date...I placed the order for my Platinum on 9/9/2020...still no word, no bulid date...getting very aggrevated.....

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Beautiful truck Bob! If I had been you I'd have had trouble sleeping last night and probably would have peeked out the door into the garage a couple of times in the middle of the night just to confirm I wasn't dreaming. Enjoy, and we'll be waiting to hear about all the fun stuff you figure out about it while we continue to wait.
Sponsored