First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Would you consider this too much rust on the suspension, or is it normal in your experience? I want to know what I’m looking at when I take delivery, and if I should say something if it’s on my truck.

986F0379-6EC1-4197-A7D1-37410156E0C3.jpeg
I told them it was too much.

Next time I'm up, they are going to wire brush it and paint it. Then I'm going to spray some undercoating spray over that. We don't have salt on our roads but I still don't like it.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Next time I'm up, they are going to wire brush it and paint it. Then I'm going to spray some undercoating spray over that. We don't have salt on our roads but I still don't like it.
Okay, thank you. I’ll have to be on the lookout for that!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Okay, thank you. I’ll have to be on the lookout for that!
If you ever have to drive where you can get salt water spray under there you sure don't want it getting to rusting metal.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
If you ever have to drive where you can get salt water spray under there you sure don't want it getting to rusting metal.
For sure. It’ll be a Florida truck, so I’m more worried about sun damage to the paint and other components for now!

Rubbers29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A
Congrats Bob! Great looking truck. Very happy for you; you've earned it! Thanks for all of the great info and help on purchase strategies.

My King Ranch (1/20 build) still shows in production but FordPass Connect and Activate now shows up on the app. Hopefully 2 weeks to go!
So your dealer hasn’t even received the truck but your activation option is already in your Ford pass app? I picked my truck up at 3:00 this afternoon and dropped the cheque off at the dealer at the same time. Still no option to activate. Was hoping it was because he hadn’t finished up registering with Ford that it was sold because it was the end of the day and that the option would pop up at some point tomorrow. Now I am a little more concerned, guess I’ll give him a call tomorrow afternoon if it still isn’t there by lunch. Maybe something to do with mine originally being a stock order truck rather than a factory order?

Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
So your dealer hasn’t even received the truck but your activation option is already in your Ford pass app? I picked my truck up at 3:00 this afternoon and dropped the cheque off at the dealer at the same time. Still no option to activate. Was hoping it was because he hadn’t finished up registering with Ford that it was sold because it was the end of the day and that the option would pop up at some point tomorrow. Now I am a little more concerned, guess I’ll give him a call tomorrow afternoon if it still isn’t there by lunch. Maybe something to do with mine originally being a stock order truck rather than a factory order?
Yes. It seemed to show up around the day it shipped. now it has a proper image of the truck. it is a retail order.

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
Sounds like a greedy bunch. Lol Yeah you can do that just get the rebate. I will send payoff as the first payment, they made good money on me.

LIVRaptor
Don't have a video but I got a lot of work done today. Got my mud guards on; bed cover, took off all the dealer decals; changed my 4X4 decal; cut the tail pipe end off (I don't like seeing a tail pipe, it's always dirty) and cleaned her up a bit. Next week will take it to get the two front side windows tinted. Then I will DONE! Lol

1611444075108.jpeg

1611444107345.jpeg

1611444142350.jpeg

1611444181139.jpeg

1611444238427.jpeg

1611444277301.jpeg

1611444372427.jpeg
What bed cover did you go with? Is that a Bakflip(if so which version) or is that an Undercover Armorflex?

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech

Yes after seeing this post. I looked at mine I noticed quite a lot rust both sides. It looks like the rear end sat in salt water it's pretty bad. Im going to make an appointment with dealer to have it addressed along with some other things.
Sponsored